Notices

Itinerary Help

Old May 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itinerary Help

Hi folks,

I am planning on travelling to Europe in the second half of this upcoming July. I have about 8-10 days; primarily interested in cultural attractions (cathedrals, art galleries, etc.), no shopping. Chief areas of interest are France, Italy, Central Europe and London. Budget will be somewhat limited.

I don't have any specific questions on hotels, etc. - I will do that research myself - just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions regarding possible itineraries.

I was thinking ~5 days in Paris (incl. a tour of the Loir Valley castles) and a few more days in London. Alternatively, I could spend the whole time in Italy.

Anybody has any good suggestions?

I would be grateful for any feedback.

Munch
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
rex

Hi, and welcome to the Europe forum.

Hopefully, readers of your question will read on past your first paragraph (which makes it sound like you think you can "see" - - in "8-10 days" - - "France, Italy, Central Europe and London"!) - - and look below where you indicate the much more sane plan to pick two destinations from this list.

You should re-post, and in the message header indicate the trip you really have an interest in taking (which may or may not be) "8-10 days in Paris in London, with a side trip to the Loire Valley - - itinerary suggestions?" - - rather than the much more vague "Itinerary help"...

...or, if you really want help deciding between an itinerary of A/B versus C/D, then state that...

"8-10 days: help choosing between Paris/London versus Italy/Austria" (or Slovenia, or Hungary or any ONE other central Europe country you may be contemplating)...

You'll get much more help, more useful help, and not place "a string across the road" (a vague message header that everyone has to stop and click on... to see what it is, that you are actually asking).

Best wishes,

Rex
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM

8-10 days in France is still only a tiny trip for what's on offer there. Some would say spend the entire 8-10 days in and around Paris, never mind the rest of France, and I couldn't argue with them.

But you're right, 8-10 in Italy would also be just fine. Or 8-10 day in and around London.

Don't split the short 8-10 day timeframe between two countries with two languages and cultures etc - neither will sink in, your memories will be blurred, and your experience much the lesser for it.

Just my 0.02 Euros.

WK
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I will narrow down the title to be more specific.

Munch
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:40 AM
ira

Hi M,

I agree with WK, 8-10 days is too short to split countries.

If you are planning on going this July, you'd better get cracking.

Old May 8th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ira,

I will book the trip as soon as I figure out the itinerary (hopefully, with the generous help of this forum).

Munch