itinerary for Nov/Dec

Oct 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

itinerary for Nov/Dec

Hi All,

Love this site. New member. We are going (without kids-1st time) to Europe. Our goal was to see a lot over a short period of time. Paris to Rome to Athens are all via flight. The trip within Italy is all booked via rail.

Our packed itinerary is as follows (all booked):
Nov 25: (Paris) at Royal Elysees (here approx 23 hours only),
Nov 26:, Paris to Rome at Hotel Quirinale for 2 nights, 1 half-day tour is booked;
Nov 28: 2 nights in Florence at Martelli with 1/2 day tour,
Nov 30: 2 nights in Venice at Hotel Manin with 1/2 day 3-island tour (Murano...),
Dec 2: return back via train to Rome (Marriot at airport).
Dec 3: Next day flight to Athens, then return home.

I know it's a lot but I have a few questions: 1. Any ideas about any of these hotels...they were all booked after much research and with the help of a travel agent 2. When I return back from Venice to Rome, where can I stop? I was thinking somewhere in Tuscany. Possibly Sienna or Assisi. I have tried to go on the rail site, but it is very confusing. Since we are just going to stay at the Rome airport, I wanted to try having an early dinner along the way in Tuscany somewhere. Any ideas...Thanks.
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:54 PM

Well P67742, you certainly have a trip that will keep you moving every second!

You are flying to Paris from the US I assumed. 23 hours in Paris. Paris to Rome, by plane or train? And so forth.

Yes it is a lot to put it gently. I assume this is your first trip to Europe? Best wishes to you.
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:54 PM

Just a suggestion, but to get better responses you should repost with a better title.

I haven't heard about any of the hotels before except for the Quirinale in Rome. It was one of the choices of an air/hotel package and my travel agent tried to convince us to stay there. It's near Termini train station which we didn't want to be near. However, I understand that the area has improved alot over the years. We decided to stay in another location. You should take a look at that site to see what comments former guests wrote at Trip Advisor.
Oct 8th, 2005, 11:26 AM
ira

Hi P,

>When I return back from Venice to Rome, where can I stop?<

You could stop in Florence, leave your luggage at the train station and take the bus to Siena and back (1 hr each way) then go on to Rome.

You have to take change trains at Rome TE to the airport.

Oct 10th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.