Italy vs. Spain

Sep 8th, 2000, 03:07 PM
curious

Italy vs. Spain

I would like to take my fiance to either Italy or Spain next year, and need some advice. He has never been to either, and loves architecture and history. I have been to both and know they each offer rich history and beautiful architecture. Would love to hear thoughts from others to help in our decision. Thanks.

Sep 8th, 2000, 03:17 PM
pam

Hi!

Just to let you know...there have been several posts in the past that compare Italy and Spain. Go to the 'Spain' topic and once there do a search on Italy.

I visited Italy two years ago and will be visiting Spain next month. Italy was wonderful, Florence in particular was amazing, very romantic. I can give you more specifics later...its my birthday and I need to head out for dinner. : )

I hope this gets you started. Good luck.

Sep 8th, 2000, 03:24 PM
curious

Thanks, I'll check out the other threads. Happy Birthday - have a great dinner!!

Sep 8th, 2000, 04:10 PM
Rose

IMHO Italy is tops for history and architecture, not to mention it holds the majority of priceless art treasure in the world! If you have to choose one over the other, I would recommend Italy...

Sep 8th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Maura

I loved Italy and I am going to Spain next month so I really can't compare the two for you. However, I would avoid the summer crowds. I would go back to Florence in a heartbeat,Venice is overrated although I would tell anyone you have to see it. Please research your hotels, we took the advice of our travel agent which was a bad mistake in our Rome hotel--it was a pit. You really can't go cheap in Rome . Have fun in either place you choose!

Sep 8th, 2000, 05:23 PM
interested

Maura, where did you stayed in Rome?

Sep 8th, 2000, 09:33 PM
julie

ITALY ITALY ITALY!!! Sorry to scream it, but it is hands-down my preferred country over Spain. I've explored quite a bit of Italy--Cinque Terre, Umbria, Tuscany, major stays in Carrara, Rome, and Florence, etc. Went to Spain this summer--thoroughly enjoyed it, but Italy wins the race in my book!