Help on Hotels in Paris...???

Sep 7th, 2000, 08:38 AM
Brien

Help on Hotels in Paris...???

Hi...
I am 24 and going to Paris, Italy and Germany (for Oktoberfest) with 2 friends.
We need advice on hotels in Paris. We are looking for a nice clean place... not too expensive (Private bath and shower... buffet breakfast would be nice)

Thanks

Sep 7th, 2000, 08:47 AM
adam N

colonel? is that you?

I have a few really great places for a guy like you and your two boy friends

The private shower will be very handy

try the www.paris.org and look under gay bars and cafes for more info

have a great time
talk soon
Adam N

Sep 7th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Jaque

judging by the respnses, it seems that you are a gay man looking for a place to stay while here in paris. you are more than welcome to stay in my house as i think that you would really enjoy yourself (i know i would enjoy your company). please respond and if possible send a provocative picture.

love always,
jaque

Sep 7th, 2000, 10:07 AM
jean

Hello,
I hope that you do think that all of us French men are so forward and indiscreet. When you come to Paris, go to the Latin quarter and you will probably find some nice places and people. Hopefully you will have a good time in our lovely city.
Jean

Sep 7th, 2000, 12:11 PM
Fred Phelps

Well, well, well. You faggots are going to GAY Paris eh? Well, I will have to arrange with my true believers here to have a nice little picket line set up for you when arrive. Gee, I wonder how one says "God Hates Fags" in French?

Sep 7th, 2000, 01:05 PM
amy

Look in hotelboulevard web site, best western web site or try timeout.paris

Sep 8th, 2000, 06:12 AM
Brien

Hello...
this is a serious request.... I am not Gay.. (although there is nothing wrong with it...Ala Seinfeld)

I have a serious request for information...

Please help

Sep 8th, 2000, 06:25 AM
anon

Geez! Why don't you freaks go back in your caves?!!
Have you tried searching on Paris Hotels? I recall seeing lots of recommendations posted. I don't think buffet breakfasts come with many Paris hotels.

Sep 8th, 2000, 07:54 AM
Janice

I like Hotel des Grands Hommes and Hotel du Pantheon - owned by the same people, both of them in the Place du Pantheon. Also (more expensive) is the Hotel Vereneuil - all have buffet breakfasts, which ARE relatively common in European hotels. the advice to search the web is very wise - I can also recommend travel agents, who can often confirm availability pretty quickly.
Have a fabulous trip!

Sep 8th, 2000, 08:20 AM
Janice

I forgot to mention the very excellent book Cheap Sleeps in Paris (all of her books are very reliable and quite interesting to read. You may find something suitable in there....

Sep 8th, 2000, 08:40 AM
brien

Thanks a lot for the help

I appreciate those of you who were helpful.

Brien

Sep 8th, 2000, 01:21 PM
Steve

Try buying one of the travel guides on Paris...Lonely Planet, Fodors, Rick Steves...but get the compact versions. Any of these can recommend a hotel in almost every area of Paris. Last time in Paris, we stayed in the 5th at the Hotel Familia...~$80 a night but beware, the walls in (two-star) French hotels are paper thin.

Sep 9th, 2000, 12:23 AM
Terry

I highly recommend Rick Steve's books on Europe in any bookstore in the travel section for budget travel in Europe. Also has a web site www.ricksteves.com with bulletin board