Reload this Page >

Italy Train Schedule - Website?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:23 AM
j

Could someone please provide me with the "official" website for train schedules within in Italy? Also, it seems that there is an train from Venice to Florence that takes 2 hours, but all the trains from Florence to Venice takes 3 hours! Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:26 AM
Mike

www.trenitalia.it

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:33 AM
Steve James

Fastest journey time is 2hours 49mins. by Eurostar.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:35 AM
Santa Chiara

I do not see where there are trains from Venice to Florence for 2 hours. There are some Eurostar direct trains that take 2:49 from Venice to Florence; that's the best you are going to do. If you want to land in Venice proper, make sure you are clicking on Venezia S.L. not Mestre.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:43 AM
j

Thanks for the info. I tried that website, and it didn't seem to be working. Well, at least I know that it's the right one, and I'll try again later!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:46 AM
Holly

For Florence, you'll need to type in<BR>Firenze S. M. Novella<BR>Note the periods and spaces.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:01 AM
Anon

I've found the website to be very iffy. I often have to enter information two or three times for it to work. It also doesn't like you to have a firewall.<BR><BR>BTW Typing in Florenceworks fine. Snyway, if there are multiple stations in a city, it takes you to a screen that asks you specify station.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:02 AM
Anon

I've found the website to be very iffy. I often have to enter information two or three times for it to work. It also doesn't like you to have a firewall.<BR><BR>BTW Typing in Florence works fine. Anyway, if there are multiple stations in a city, it takes you to a screen that asks you specify station.