Search

ITALY - TOUR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 01:02 PM
penny

ITALY - TOUR

I HAVE GOING ON A TOUR TO ITALY NEXT YEAR. WE ARE GOING TO FLORENCE,ROME,SORRENTO. CAN YOU SUGGEST - SIGHTSEEING - DON'T MISS YOU MUST SEE. AND WERE TO SHOP IN THOSE CITIES FOR GIFTS. THANKS

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 03:51 PM
the turnip

In Sorrento be sure and take a bus ride down the Aamalfi coast, at least to Positano. It has views to die for! On the way down sit on the right side of the bus, and on the way back the left. <BR> <BR>Not to be rude but may I make one more suggestion? If you refrain from typing IN ALL CAPITALS you may find that people will receive you more kindly. All caps is considered "shouting" and poor "netiquette". <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful trip. Eat all the food you can, stop for gelato often and try the house wine! <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 04:24 AM
elaine

Hi penny <BR>I have a file on Florence; if you'd like to see it, email me. <BR>Within your tour, do you have a lot of time for independent sightseeing and <BR>shopping? How much time in each place?

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 07:28 AM
Joy

Hi <BR>This is a question regarding "the Turnips" suggestion to take a bus ride down the Aamalfi coast - <BR>My husband and I are planning to go to Rome in March and didn't have that our our tentative itinerary... <BR>We will be in Rome for 3 days, then going to Florence for 2 days, then Venice for one day, then back to Rome - <BR>My question is - While we are staying in Rome - can we take the bus to the Coast? or would it be too long of a drive for one day? <BR>Do you have a bus companies that you recommend for the tour? <BR>Thanks!

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 07:43 AM
Diane

We've been considering adding the Amalfi coast to our itinerary next May...and from all the reading we've done, I think you really want to be able to spend some time there -- a day trip just won't be enough, and will be exhausting, as well. Assume you will be coming back to Italy again someday.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 08:47 AM
stephanie

Dear Elaine: <BR> <BR>I'd love to see your file on Florence. Can you send it to me? We are in the throws of narrowing down our choices (among the hundreds) of hotels. Quite overwhelming. Any suggestions for centrally located hotels/B&Bs/pensiones under $150/night would be greatly appreciated. <BR> <BR>Mille Grazie! <BR>Stephanie

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 09:59 AM
howard

Joy, your itinerary is already tight. I would recommend you not add anything. As it is, 3 days in Rome, 2 in Florence and 1 in Venice will not allow enough time to see everything in those 3 cities. <BR>As Diane said, plan on going back!