Italy or Spain in October? Help!

Old Jun 27th, 1998, 03:05 PM
Molly

Italy or Spain in October? Help!

I was told to go to Italy in May, not in October. Is that right? Why? Where's a good place to go to in October?

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 07:15 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Molly, Oct. is a great time for Italy---my favorite
time. If you plan to hit the Lakes, as you should,
plan to do them first and then start south. Tuscany
is at its best then. Do not think in terms of big
cities---think regions and stay outside the cities.
Holler if I can help.

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 09:40 AM
anne

We had a wonderful time in Italy last Oct. - it was colder than we expected, but that's great walking weather! Ditto to the lakes - lots of the smaller lodging places close down for the season. We stayed in Bellagio, took the ferries around the lake and "discovered" a chestnut and mulled wine festival in one of the little lakeside towns - a fun fall event. There was alot to do wherever we stopped and we thought it was a great time of year to be there.

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 10:30 AM
kam

Can't imagine why anyone would give you such advice!! Italy is prime in October, although there is a slight risk of rain the later in the month you go. We've been to Italy many times and October is our favorite! Only time I would prefer not to go is August, but have even done that because of business.

Old Jun 29th, 1998, 01:12 AM
Molly

Thanks for the info. Now, here's another question...Is Italy harvesting grapes at that time of year like in Calif? As for cooler temps and rain, I am an American living in Scotland, cold and rain are my friends! Also, What's Spain like then?