Reload this Page >

Suggestions for hotels in Florence and Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 07:37 PM
steve

We will be traveling to Florence and Venice in July. Does anyone have any suggestions on nice hotels in these cities? <BR>

Old Jun 20th, 1998, 10:17 AM
Richard Vicek

Good afternoon, Steve for a few years we have used the Hotel Continental in Firenze and the Hotel Do Pozzi in Venice, both are in good locations and are three star hotels the Continental with 61 rooms and is located at the Ponte Vecchio and the Do Pozzi with 29 rooms and is located about two blocks west of the Pza S. Marco. I think you can obtain further information on one of the web sites below: <BR>www.hotelstravel.com/ <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>www.italyhotels.it/ <BR>www.webcom.com/italys/ <BR>www.doge.it/inglese.htm <BR>www.elmoro.it/ <BR>Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills,. IL:

Old Jun 21st, 1998, 10:48 AM
kam

Our favorite in Florence is the Lungarno, which is across the river at the Ponte Vecchio, giving you a lovely view back at Florence. They have a parking garage next door which is unusual in this city, but no restaurant although there are many in the neighborhood. It's quiet, but be sure to book well ahead---small and fills quickly. In Venice we usually stay at the Europa which is big and one the Grand Canal, but relatively inexpensive compared to the Daniele and Bauer Grunwald etc. Someone recently suggusted the Accademia up near the Rialto Bridge and it sounded reallly good also. <BR>

Old Jun 26th, 1998, 08:57 AM
Steve the Guide

A very good web-site with a lot of informations about hotel etc. in Italy is "Welcome to Italy" <BR>(http://www.emmeti.it/Welcome/Toscana...talità/uk.html In Florence, among the hotel there are in that site, I suggest Grand Hotel Minerva for 4 stars, Hotel Morandi and Loggiato dei Serviti 3 stars, Hotel Pensione Bretagna 2 stars, Hotel Pensione Ferretti 1 star. All hotels are very nice and in downtown, in all people speak well english. The only thing is to book in advance. Ciao <BR>

Old Jun 26th, 1998, 09:14 AM
Steve the Guide

Sorry, the correct web-site is: http://www.emmeti.it/Welcome/Toscana...talita.uk.html (ospitalita without accent).Ciao again. <BR>

Old Jun 26th, 1998, 10:25 PM
Carlo Santoni

If you are visiting Florence take a look at this site: <BR>http://www.terraditoscana.com there are no hotel suggestions at the moment, but you can find a lot about culture and sites to visit around Florence. <BR>For the hotel my favorite one is J & J romantik hotel Phone Number: 500-2345005

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 12:24 PM
jerry

I like staying in upscale hotels that are renovated historic sites. On my last trip to Florence, I stayed at the Hotel Mona Lisa. This was the palacio of the Bishop of Florence during the renaissance period. It is in the center of the historic district and within a short walk of everthing. Very charming and comfortable. <BR> <BR>In Venice I always stay at the Hotel Metropole located at the end of the Grande Canal, a wonderful hotel near San Marcos and the Ponte Rialto. <BR>

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 01:44 PM
Platt Allen

Just returned from Florence, Rome and London. <BR>Stayed in small hotels in each city. <BR>Favorite in Florence would be either the villa Cora or Villa Carlotta.

Old Jun 29th, 1998, 03:44 AM
francesca

WeI recently stayed in the Do Pozzi in Venice and found it dingy and way overpriced. Although Venice is very expensive, I think you can do better for less (or better for just as much money!). The hotels in the Academia area seem to have a lot more charm. I would avoid San Marco, where the Do Pozzi is, unless you don't mind noise and hordes. <BR> <BR>The Pensione Sorelli Bandini is a lovely and reasonable little hotel in Florence across the Arno is a quieter, more "real" part of town. It is in a beautiful square, Piazza Santo Spirito. We loved it. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip. <BR> <BR> <BR>