Italy Intinary - what do u think plz?

Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:28 AM
Original Poster

Italy Intinary - what do u think plz?

Hello everyone.... I have noticed whilst browsing the site that a few folk have posted intinaries and the general opinion seems to be that they are cramming far too much in. I'm going to Italy in May with my bf (cant wait plus its a surprise trip to Italy for his bday so has to be the right balance of seeing as much as poss and relaxing) and I just wondered what you thought to my plans? Thanks!

Day 1.

Flight from Glasgow arrives in Pisa 12.30 - guessing latest we should arrive in Florence by train is 3.30pm. Not made too many plans for that day except to have a wander, see David and have dinner at Piazzale Michelangelo.

Day 2.

Day exploring Florence making sure we see the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio and Santa Croce.

Day 3.

Hire a car and leave florence at 10.30am to explore Tuscany (final intinary with that to be finalised lol) planning to return to hotel 9-10pm

Day 4.

Leave Florence early doors and drive to Lucca for breakfast and then up to La Spezia to drop off hire car. Hope to be in Manarola, Cinque Terre for 11.30am - no plans other than to relax and explore the towns

Day 5.

Hoping to arrange day trip to Portofino either by boat or train. Spend evening relaxing in Cinque Terre

Day 6.

Another full day enjoying the Cinque Terre

Day 7.

Leave Manarola approx 10.30am by train and arrive in Pisa by 1pm. Planning on booking tickets to the tower for early evening

Day 8.

Up early for 6.45am flight back to Glasgow.

Thanks for looking x x

Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:36 AM

Hi

As a general advice I would like to say that you should not squeeze in too much. Florence is wonderful and there is lots to see and do. My wife and I spent 4 days there last year and maybe you can find some useful info in my trip report with pictures and links: http://gardkarlsen.com/florence_italy_travelogue.htm

We also spent about 6 days in Tuscany near the town of Castellina in Chianti. Here is the trip report from that part of the trip: http://gardkarlsen.com/tuscany_italy_travelogue.htm

I hope that you will have a wonderful trip

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank Gard!

I dont think we are squeezing in too much but because I have never been to this part of Italy its hard to know for sure lol. I really want to see David but not bothered about any of the other galleries.... that should free up some time to explore hopefully.

Will have a look at ure links now, thanks again x x
Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
ira

HI C,

>have dinner at Piazzale Michelangelo.

Why there, particularly? It's mainly a big parking lot.

Do you have a resto in mind?

>planning to return to hotel 9-10pm
Have you checked with the hotel about parking?

>Planning on booking tickets to the tower for early evening

I suggest getting them in advance.

Enjoy your visit.

Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ira thanks for that, I heard there was a lovely view at piazzale michelangelo at sunset hence chosing to eat there - and then perhaps heading up to San Miniato am I wrong? We are staying near the train station so thought that would be a good walk to get a feel for the city on our first day /night in Italy. I dont have a particular restaurant in mind yet though have a few options - open to suggestions!!

Yup I have confirmed that the hotel has a garage available for guests use and yup to the tower tickets - have the site bookmarked, just waiting until nearer the time to reserve them!

x x
Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:38 AM

Restaurant suggestion not far from the P. Michelangelo:

http://www.ristoranteomero.it/
Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Ooooh thanks ekscruchy!! That looks lovely!! What is the price range roughly? x x