Search

italy info~

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
italy info~

any good ideas for itineraries for italy--any suggestions for rome(4 days) capri (2 days) florence (3 days) venice (3 days) thanks!! also hotel Luna in capri--is anyone familiar with it??
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 04:18 PM

Might I suggest that you do some research first and then post some of YOUR ideas!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 12:25 PM

Ladybug,<BR><BR>We're going to Hotel Luna in July. It was well recommended by friends who were there last summer. They warned us to make sure we requested and got a room with seaview, because the standard rooms all face the rear courtyard.<BR>Another place that got quite favorable attention on the forum is Villa Brunella, which apparently has slighter cheaper rates than Luna, bigger rooms, and an excellent restaurant, but is not as convenient to town. <BR>About your suggested itinerary- IMO you're taking on too much in too short a time. I would do Rome-Florence-Venice OR Rome-and the Amalfi Coast towns, but not both. I don't know if you're aware that Rome is at least a two-three hour drive from Naples, then you have to take a hydrofoil or ferry to Capri. It just doesn't seem sense to do all that traveling for only two days.<BR>Good luck with your planning.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:26 PM

There have been so many requests recently for the places you mention that if you do a text search on here for each one, I'm sure you will be over run with suggestions.
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:12 AM

Just a suggestion, but have you considered flying &quot;open-jawed&quot;? Arrive in Venice and depart from Rome, or other way around. There is a considerable disance between your furthest points and you have at least two full days of travel time built in there.<BR><BR>Just a suggestion but I would arrive in Venice, do Venice and travel to Florence, then to Rome, then to Capri, and return to Rome night before your departure.
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:36 AM

Hey Ladybug, My itinerary is similar to yours except that I am flying into Rome 3 nights, then to Positano 3 nights, Florence 3 nights, and then Venice 3 nights and fly out of Venice. That way you cut your travel time. Have a nice trip.