Search

Italy help?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:38 AM
will

Italy help?

I'm trying to decide if I should spend a night in Venice or go directly from Verona to bellagio. If I put Venice in, I'll go from three nights to two in Bellagio. Will that have enough time to not feel rushed? Also are 4 nights in Positano too much?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Rex

This seems to be not enough info to answer the question. Do you arrive in Europe in Verona? How many nights total in Italy? in Europe? Any other destinations between Bellagio and Positano? Where after Positano? What month?<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Wayne

Just based on the info you've given, if it were my itinerary I'd take 2 nights in Venice, 2 in Bellagio, and 2 in Positano. I don't know how your reference to Verona fits into the equation. Two nights in any of those places isn't enough to do anything but skim the surface, but if you want to have a flavor of them all, split the trip as I have suggested.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Alice Twain

Stay in Verona, and visit Venezia on one or two daytrips. The two cities are quite close toghether and well connected by train.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Dale

IMHO, Positano is worth about two hours, max.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:53 PM
ttt

topping<BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 02:17 PM
claire

If you are going in high season when crowds are at their worst, I'd recommend NOT doing a day trip to Venice but rather spending at least one night there. Best time to wander & really see some of the best of what Venice has to offer comes after the day trippers are gone in late afternoon or early in the morning before they arrive. Venice is a marvel. Shame to miss it.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Lou

Quite a spectrum of opinions. I agree on not missing Venice and not day tripping there.<BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Andrea

I think an overnight stay in Venice is a must (vs. a daytrip). Venice is beautiful anytime, but has a completely (wonderfully) different character in the late evening and early morning that you'd miss in a daytime visit.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Alice Twain

Daytripping does not mean leaving the city at 5 pm. Trains will be running from Venice to Verona until night, the last train leaving Venice at 22.43 and arriving in Verona at 0.19, which is late but not too late not to be able to reach the hotel and sleep for the whole night. A train that runs this late is not usually dangerous and it will still be quite crowded with people but not that crowded as to make it hard to find seats. The price for a one way trip from Venezia to Verona is 5.73 euro, but with at least three people the price per person will be 30% cheaper.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Sherri Kardell

Dear will;<BR>the first time I went to Venice it was for a day trip and I was heart broken when I had to leave I think Venice deserves at least 2 days and nights; but I would do 3 if possible.Verona should defiately be cut back over Venice.Positano is beautiful but you must spend the night to do it justice.I would spend 1 day and 1 night.I am not sure where you are from ; or if you are into the ocean and all that you might want more time there.I am from Ca. so I did not feel the need to spend too much time there .<BR>La Dolce Italy <BR>Sherri

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 02:52 PM
up

up<BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Red

We took a day trip from Milan to Bellagio via Como and the hydrofoil. We had lunch in Bellagio and shopped and that was enough. It's small and not that much going on unless you are just there to soak up the sun and relax. I'd much rather spend the time in Venice.