Search

Italy - CBD oil

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy - CBD oil

I've tried doing a search on these Forums but haven't come up with anything.

At the risk of opening up a can of worms, could someone please tell me if travelling from Canada to Italy with CBD oil going to be a problem?

I use it for pain and am worried about our 12 day trip in the Fall. Thank you!
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 07:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1) do you have prescription? If so, bring it and you will be fine.
2) if you don't have a prescription you are in a grey area, good luck
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 08:02 AM

According to the following article, you can buy CBD oil legally in Italy, without a prescription, at up to 50% strength, which doesn't have traces of THC. Otherwise, you can get other dilutions at selected pharmacies with a prescription. In Italy, prescription medicine doesn't have the patients name or the doctor's prescription on the bottle, so no one would expect to see a prescription. However, a doctor's letter might be useful.

https://www.farmagalenica.it/olio-di-cannabis-terapeutico-legale-in-farmacia/
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 08:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Your government recommends contacting foreign offices in Canada of the countries you plan to visit to inquire about "unusual" medications.

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/heal...ety/medication

In the U.S., whether it is legal depends on the level of THC it contains. Many states have legalized possession and use of CBD, but taking it on commercial flights (which are regulated by the federal government) would be not allowed.

I don't know how accurate this link is, but it would appear that individual countries within Europe have very different laws.

https://supplementsinreview.com/blog...-cbd-legality/
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 12:42 PM

Assuming you have a medical mairjuna card with paper work showing why you take it I would just pack it in checked luggage from U.S. - chances of getting checked into Italy seem remote and if it is legal there no problem but bring some documentation such as was needed when you got your medical marijuana card. I suppose after full legalization in many Canadian provinces that may be mute but I'd just pack it away and by remote chance it was found with low THC can't see why it would cause any problems. But leave it in Italy on way back.
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. Yes, I have my medical card and will bring my documentation. I just didn't want to have a sniffer dog pick out my suitcase and have this grandma hauled off to secondary LOL!
Old Aug 31st, 2019, 03:55 AM

I am traveling from Canada to Italy and wanted to know if you took the CBD oil with you. Did you have any issues? Very stressed over this situation of travel with CBD.
Old Sep 1st, 2019, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Hi! I didn't take a chance to bring it out of the country with me, but I googled Rome to see where they had shops. There was one a 25 minute walk from our hotel, so that's the first thing we did when we got settled in our hotel room.

I suggest googling the city where you're landing, and go from there. They don't have the same strength/dosing as we do, but what they had seemed to work. It also tasted VERY bitter. Took some getting used too LOL! Good luck!
Old Sep 1st, 2019, 02:07 PM

Thanks for your reply. What percentage of CBD did you buy?
Old Sep 1st, 2019, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

The highest I could get at the shop we found didn't go by mg. They said it was 15%. So I assumed it meant the bottle contained 15% cbd oil in whatever oil it was mixed with. It was hard to get the girl to understand if they had anything similar to what I take A very tiny bottle, so I had to buy another bottle when we got back to Rome after visiting Venice and the Cinque Terre. It did help though, but I had to supplement with some Advil when the pain got bad. We walked 8-10 hours a day