Reload this Page >

Italy airfare help

Search

Italy airfare help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Susan

Italy airfare help

Folks, <BR>I lost my message during the Fodors shut down, so am repeating. <BR>I am traveling to Italy on Aug 31 and returning on Sept 23. The prices I am finding are (at lowest) 1,200. <BR>1) Please tell me, will they go down as we get closer to the dates? <BR>I am freaking out because of all the posts I see where people are finding airfare for May around $500. <BR>2) What do you do if you are flying into Rome and out of Florence and you're looking at websites? None of them seem to offer information for more than one city. <BR>Please help!

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Rex

Your original post has been topped.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Reen

If you fly into Rome and then take the train to Florence, you will probably have to fly from Florence to Roma Airport, because the Florence airport is small.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 05:28 AM
DJ

Susan, <BR>I'm with you on this one, the time I am going is mid-September to the the end of September and the best price I found was $1,000 on a lower-tiered carrier. I went for the AA direct flight into Rome option from Chicago which results in less travel time and more time in Italy for $,200. At the end of the day, what most important to you. I don't think the time we are going is a low cost time. Poor planning on my part, will not happen again. Lessons learned on my 1st European vacation and I haven't even left Chicago yet.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Sherry

Susan. Try a round trip to Rome/from Rome. This may save you a little money. The train ride from Florence to Rome should not take more than three hours from your hotel in Florence to Fco. Or you could opt to spend the last night in Rome for an early flight out in the morning. We returned to Rome a day earlier and spent several hours in Rome.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 06:24 AM
gail

check www.travelzoo.com <BR> www.prefferedguest.com <BR> (on airfare section)