Search

Italy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy

Has anyone stayed at the La Bussola Hotel in Positano Italy? If so any good or bad comments would be appreciated...We along with another couple will be visiting the first part of May...Thank you Tootie from Texas.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 06:26 AM

Tootie...I haven't been to Positano, but I would like to recommend using the "search" feature here to look for "Bussola Hotel" or even "Amalfi Hotels".

Enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for responding so QUICK....we have already research the hotel, but it just seemed almost to good to be true. Thank you again.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 07:35 AM
ira

Dear tootie,

Is there a Hotel Bussola in Positano? I found one in Amalfi that got very good reviews at www.tripadvisor.com.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

ira, you are RIGHT it is in Amalfi...and trip advisor did have some good comments...You begin to get confused after looking at some many hotels...thanks for your response! Tootie from Texas
p.s. do you have any suggestions for hotels in Rome?
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 08:59 AM
rex

Although you chose a very poor title for your posting, it really does not make sense to start a new post for this "correction" (which doesn't really have any better message header anyway)

Author: Tootie
Date: 03/05/2004, 12:13 pm

Message: Correction: La Bussola Hotel I was inquiring about is in Amalfi...anyone have suggestions for hotels in Rome? We prefer something with charm...maybe a bed and breakfast...what location also ...it is our first time to Rome, so we will be sightseeing all the tourist spots. Thank you..Tootie

===============================

Perhaps you simply didn't understand how to find any of your previous posts - - simply click on your own name.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 6th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Rex,
Your note is so strange...why even write?...
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 04:56 AM
ira

I'm afraid I can't help on Rome hotels. Have you done a text search on "Rome AND hotels"?
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 05:03 AM
rex

I posted this message to asist you in understading how the forum works.

1. When you want to make a correction to a post, do it on THAT thread.

2. If you don't know how to find a thread tht you previously started, or one to which you have posted, clck on your name.

3. Good "citizenship" here means, among other things, posting messages with headers (titles) that convey something MEANINGFUL about the question being asked. This is not me making up some rule that is just my opinion. Fodors states this here - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm#Q6 - - "create a title - make sure it is concise and clearly describes your message (and destination, if applicable)"

I believe that the forum is undermined - - even if it is only a little bit - - by those (mostly newcomers) who are unaware of this request by Fodors, or a tiny few who choose to ignore it for the purpose of personal attention-seeking.

Politeness is important, too, and I hope that I have clarified my intentions politely.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 09:37 AM

Tootie, I have never stayed there but it looked very pleasant on their website - right on a beach, large patio area, rooms with seaviews, great rates. If you search on this site, you will find a few comments about the hotel. Maybe those comments will help you decide whether or not the hotel is for you.

If you are new to this site, please know that there are so many helpful people here with lots of travel experience which they are willing to share to help others with their trips. Rex is one of those well-traveled people who provides us with such excellent travel advice. IMO his response did have an edge to it (Rex, I say this most politely and respectfully as your experience has helped me numerous times) which may have left you feeling as if you had done something wrong. Not to worry - I still can't write the perfect message title and I've been around here for a few years!

So, come back and check to see if someone who has been to La Bussola or knows something about it will provide you with some comments and advice.

Have a great trip!
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 02:46 PM

TTT
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 07:20 PM

Have stayed at the La Bussola a few years ago and it was wonderful - right on the water...sorry it took me a while to respond - afraid of getting chewed out by the master chat-roomer!Let me know how you like it when you return - first trip to Italy?
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

hey, Txsweetie...
thanks for info...you better be ware of R.. he is rough and tough!
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 07:25 PM
ira

Ha! tx.

You thought you could avoid the master chat-roomer by posting late, did you?

We never sleep!