Italy

May 17th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Mike

Italy

I will be going to Italy this Friday (5/24) and I have a few questions before I go.

I will be heading directly to Quizano (sp?) which is close to Sorrento from what I understand. My question is I think it would be best for me to fly into Milan and take a train, where can I find information on a train and where does the train end. I of course would like to get as close to there as possible without having too many connections between planes, trains and buses etc.... I don't plan on renting a car because from what I hear it can me SCARY driving over there.

Has anyone been to Quizano (again sp?), if not maybe somewhere near Sorrento that you can recommend a good youth hostel to stay in or something.

I would appreciate any advice any of you can give me..

Thanks in advance
Mike

May 17th, 2002, 11:39 PM
arney

Dear Mike:
Train schedules are posted on www.trenitalia.com
Milan is about 835 kilometers (551 miles) north of Sorrento. Rome or Naples would be a lot more convenient to fly into, if you have a choice. I have not heard of Quizano and neither has my Italy atlas. There is a Eurostar departing Milan Central RR Station at 10 a.m. Saturday and another at noon. Both trains takes 6.5 hours to reach Naples Central RR Station, where you will have to change to the Circumvesuviana RR and take another train to Sorrento, an additional hour. It also will take you about an hour to get into downtown Milan, where the central RR station is, from Milan-Malpensa Airport. So you're talking 8.5 hrs from Milan-Malpensa to Sorrento, not counting any waiting time for connections.

arney

May 17th, 2002, 11:59 PM
braindead

*****ITALY******

Mike, baby, you're a genius at pinpointing concerns, ain't you? Sheeeeet, I's wish I was as briiiiiit as U!!!

Adolf H

May 18th, 2002, 12:23 AM
Julie

Mike - I would second Arney's advice of flying into Rome or Naples, you will be in for a long and arduous day of travel if you fly into Milan (not plesant when jet-lagged!)

May 18th, 2002, 05:55 AM
arney

Dear Mike:
It would help people to help you if you told us where you heard about "Quizano," what is supposed to be there and why you chose it as a destination. If it's supposed to be a town, I do not think it exists as you have spelled it.
arney