Reload this Page >

Italian Language Schools

Search

Italian Language Schools

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 09:31 AM
Italophile

Italian Language Schools

I would like to take an Italian immersion class. Any recommendations for schools in Florence or Rome?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Italophile

Thought I'd try one more time. I'm interested in a two-week immersion course in Italian, preferably in Rome or Florence. Any recommendations?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Ursula

I studied Italian in Florence at the Dante Alighieri school (Via dei Bardi ) close to Palazzo Pitti and Ponte Vecchio some 20 years ago !! Sorry, cannot tell you whether it's still good. It WAS at that period and I had a great time.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Carol

In my Internet searches, I found the following information on a school which sounds wonderful...but I have no personal experience with it. The name is Leonardo da Vinci School. <BR> <BR>They have locations in Florence, Rome and Siena. I found them at: www.scuolaleonardo.com/ <BR> <BR>Good Luck. <BR>

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Chris

30 years ago, there was a university for foreigners (universita pergli stranieri) in Florence where I studied. I believe it may have been attached to the University of Florence. I have no idea if it is still in operation. <BR> <BR>The best school for learning the language in Italy is the Universita per gli stranieri in Perugia.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:29 AM
GAC

I did the Universita' per gli Stranieri in Florence. It is an excellent program, and not particularly expensive (al least not in 1989).

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 12:49 PM
pam

Yes, the Universita per Stranieri in Perugia is still in existence. <BR> <BR>www.unistrapg.it for Perugia <BR>www.unistrasi.it for Siena <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Sue

There is a language school in the hill town of Todi. This town is about 30-40 minutes from Purgia. I stayed in a lovely B&B, and the owner wanted someone (female) to live in her B&B for three months to help her with her English speaking clients. I was so ready to sign on for this coming summer. It might be lonely, but you would learn Italian. She would provide room and I think board for 1/2 day service, either moring or afternoon. You could take Italian lesson when you not working. Buy a Smart car and tool around in your free time.What an idea.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Vita

I thought I'd bring this up again because I'm interested in doing a two-week course in November either with the Leonardo da Vinci School or Berlitz. Does anyone have any additional experiences with these schools or others? I'd like to stay in Rome, and I hope to have some time for independent site seeing. <BR><BR>The idea is that I'd get a good basis on which to build throughout the year at home, and of course, through more trips to Italy! I have Italian friends and there's an Italian cultural society that does weekly conversation sessions in my area.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:49 PM
Georgio

A list of ALL the (non-statal) Italian Language Schools in Tuscany (including Florence and Siena) can be found here:http://www.it-schools.com/toscana/toscana.htm<BR><BR>If you want more specific information about the Universities of Italian Language and Culture in Perugia and Siena please email me. I have studied in both of them, so I have a personal experience on the matter.<BR><BR>All the best...<BR>

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 03:54 AM
aditi

I'm in Rome for 5 months (got here 1.5 months ago) from NY studying at Scuola Leonardo da Vinci. It is rated as one of the two top language schools in Rome for foreigners. My experience here thus far has been positive, it isn't fantastic but works well for me as the teachers are great. However, the school, contrary to their ads and website do not organize extra courses or excursions such as wine classes, cooking courses which I was interested in. Good luck and email me if you need further info..

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:40 AM
Di

I attended Scuola Da Vinci a couple of years ago and did not care for it at all. As Aditi said they don't organize those excursions and since they are so "popular" they are pretty indifferent to their students. I went to a far better school that did arrange those excursions, but it was in Florence, called Istituto Italiano <BR>www.istitutoitaliano.it<BR><BR>Wherever you go have a blast.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Joyce

My son spent a month last summer attending Il Sillabo, a language school in San Giovanni Valdarno in Tuscany. He had a great experience. They had excursions, and also took Italian cooking and archaeology classes. It was very reasonable and a nice, friendly family owned it. Check out www.ilsillabo.com.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Joyce

My son spent a month last summer attending Il Sillabo, a language school in San Giovanni Valdarno in Tuscany. He had a great experience. They had excursions, and also took Italian cooking and archaeology classes. It was very reasonable and a nice, friendly family owned it.