Italian Lake District in April??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I am thinking of going to the Italian Lake District for a week or two at the end of April (just after Easter). I've heard such wonderful things about it. What do you think the weather will be like? Is it easy to get to the Italian Riviera from the Lake District, and even more importantly, would it be worth it? (I've been to Italy many times before, but the last time I was at Lago di Como was in summer 1986, and it was pouring rain, so didn't spend much time there...)
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:38 AM

I was just looking at rentals in Como yesterday and April looks like the beginning of high season as rentals from my search seem to pick up.<BR><BR>You are going to love Como, so beautiful it does not seem real.<BR>Always seems to be more temperate than Eastern US in winter. I was there in November and while there was something of a chill blowing off the lake, visibilty was poor, I was still so happy to be there. So you get what you get with weather it will still be gorgeous in the rain. That is what I found anyway.<BR><BR>PS Shop till you drop Italy took me to an outlet for scarves in como. Worth a stop if you are there. Good guide to have and will save you bundles just by getting you to stop in at the bargain shops enroute. Although I was based in Milan, a 2hour train trip from Como.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 06:31 AM

Huh? Milan is a 35 minute train ride from the town of Como.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Sarah. Hopefully you're right. I'm hoping the weather will be at least a little warm and not too rainy. Any ideas of what the weather could be like in Portofino/S. Margerita Ligure? Would a week in Como area be too much?
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:25 AM

trvl girl your post had me looking for rentals in Como most of yesterday. I don't think it is too much time at all. If you get bored which I doubt just pop the train into Milan. Remember there will be some jet lag. <BR><BR>Hopefully I am wrong and it is only a 35 minute train ride to Milan. You could go in for dinner. I remember falling asleep on this trip so I remember it as being longer.<BR><BR>Sorry don't know about weather in other locations you mentioned. I can only remember that in November-December it is much milder in Norther Italy than Central and Northern Europe and NYC.