Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

It's another gorgeous day in Switzerland...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure where to travel to in Switzerland? Check out the live webcam site to see what Switzerland is really like. Just click on the area that you'd like to see.

Today is a gorgeous fall day and a perfect day to visit this live webcam site. http://www.swisswebcams.ch/deutsch/karte.php

Bear in mind the time zones. If you live in Seattle, you are nine hours behind Switzerland. We just switched over to Daylight Savings time this past weekend.

You can see the town where I live by clicking: http://www.swisswebcams.ch/deutsch/w...wid=1105964003

Tschüss!
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not able to check Fodors everyday, but this morning I'm up at 4 a.m. with lots of prep to do before a parent conference at 7:15. What a treat to find your post and the webcam of your town. I've described my memories of the very lovely rail route from Rapperswil to Arth before. Weather is gorgeous here in Acadiana as well. Too bad that I won't be able to travel at this time of the year until retirement. And then, of course, I probably won't be able to afford to. (And then I've just read that horrendous thread about blood clots; eek.) Enjoy your picturesque commutes. J.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:20 AM

Schuler, you might recall that I've been trying to guess the name of the little hillside hamlet that I saw from a train stop along your route. Are there any other webcam views of the vicinity? Thanks, J.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:30 AM

oh so beautiful... gives me great memories of this summer... smiles and thank you
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

That's right. Today's ANOTHER gorgeous day in Switzerland. November has been very kind to us so far.

Here's the same website but now with a menu page, where you can pick your area.

jmw44: Do you mean Mostelberg above Sattel? (in the Hoch Stückli area?)
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:40 AM

I am in Ch and it is grey, I guess I live/work in the wrong place
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Sansman: It's beautiful in the mountains! Are you located in a valley or in the lowlands? I'll send some of our sunshine to you...although light clouds are coming our way too.

No fog here!
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 03:24 AM

Zurich, but the sun is slowly breaking through, thanks for sending it.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 03:33 AM

Gosh, schuler, I don't know. I'll do an image search for Mostelberg and see if it looks familiar. I was on the train from Rapperswil to Arth, and it made a stop in a quiet little place. I looked out the window toward the south (to my left) and there were houses sort of tucked into the green hillside. It was absolutely beautiful. Such a memory. So long ago. J.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 04:05 AM

schuler, I didn't know you lived in Vitznau! How lovely for you. I have many good memories there.

Two summers ago we were lucky to be there during the August 1st celebrations. Walking through the town, we happened upon a lovely festival with food, music, and dancing. We were invited to join in by some locals who could detect our interest yet we did not want to intrude.

Anyway, we had a lovely evening right on the lake, and we shared many stories with the people at our table.

Later that evening, we watched the fireworks from our hotel balcony. Very nice indeed!

This is going to be a good day. I love waking up, thinking of Switzerland!
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Kopp,

Thanks for the nice post. Unfortunately I live in Rothenthurm, a small town between Arth-Goldau and Rapperswil (near Einsiedeln).

However, I know Vitznau and it's not too far away. It's a beautiful small village and I'm glad your stay there was memorable.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 06:55 AM

schuler,

>you can see the town where I live by clicking...>

I just assumed it was Vitznau as that's the webcam that came up on the link you gave. Thanks for the clarification. It's nice to know where fellow fodorites come from.

Have a great day,
from a fellow fodorite in Austin, Texas

Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Hi Kopp,
Love that city! It's so green!
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:53 PM

Oh, Schuler, I hate you Love Switzerland, love the Alps, love webcams, love... even you
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

FainAgain, du bist ein Schatz!
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 06:44 AM

schuler,

I have been enjoying the webcams. Today I see the one at Rothenthrum where you live. Lovely! Looks a bit cloudy/foggy today, but still very green. Love the church on the hillside. Seems like a very peaceful area in which to live.

Have a guest visiting from California. Last night for dinner I served schnitzel and rosti; this morning for breakfast I opened a new jar of Nutella! Yum. Love all that's Swiss!
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Kopp, What a coincidence!

This morning I made pancakes with maple syrup on top for the kids. They love pancakes and waffles.

En Guete!