Istanbul&Cappadocia

Jun 20th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Istanbul&Cappadocia

Hi all;

I am from Cappadocia and I live in Istanbul. If you have any questions I would like to help you. I have some experiences in hotels and trips if you will come to Turkey I can help you with staying opportunities and tours.

Best regards...
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:32 AM

Mesela ???
Jun 21st, 2007, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

For example if you want to stay at a very luxe hotel you can choose Kayseri. There is a hilton hotel in the center of city. Kayseri can be a good place for cappadocia.

p.s: "Mesela" is a Turkish word which means "for example??"
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:03 PM

Katra, Thank you for your offer. I am looking for a budget B&B type lodging in Istanbul. There are four adult family members in our group, a husband and a wife and both of our Mothers. We are not opposed to sharing accommodations or a small apartment, nor do we mind taking a short trip on public transportation to reach the tourist spots. We will probably be staying 5 nights.

Suggestions?

Thanks, the turnip
Jun 21st, 2007, 11:20 PM
Original Poster

I recommend you to use public transportation. Because they are the easiest way. Traffic is really terrible in Istanbul. It is not same for Kayseri. Kayseri has broad and relax ways.
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:15 AM

Dear KatraS;
I am sorry but I feel I need to interfere with your answers:

Your header is Istanbul and Cappadocia; if you divert travellers to Kayseri they will be at the edge of Cappadocia and they will be wondering what they are doing there once they wake up in the morning. Hilton dispite its 5 stars is a Hilton. Whats so special about it?
Talking about luxury, if 24 hours room service and queen size beds are the key of luxury and a usually overpriced minibar, we have a different understanding of the meaning of Luxury.

Any avarage traveller in life have travelled to a city for either business or for leisure and stayed in a conventional hotel. So they have the experince of what you call luxury.

If a traveller comes to Cappadocia then its a different concept of luxury blend with local architecture, history, todays modern amenities hidden in the rural & extraordinary landscape. This is unique and this has a taste of luxury as its hard to experience such thing elswhere in the world.

If you travel to Kayseri for business, or need to catch a very early flight, Hilton is a good choice in terms of guaranteed standarts, thats all.

Its very nice of you to try to help our guests to be to our country but please be careful with the answers as many posters will reckon this is a first hand information based on experience....

Turnip's main question is about accommodation rather than public transportation. Your answer is not a direct one.

Thats why I have been writing you in Turkish Mesela? hoping you would understand.

Kayseri can be good place for Cappadocia as you say: Yes it's for arrival to the Kayseri Erkilet airport to reach Cappadocia.

One more tip for you: You can give suggestions, share experince, and say things you know better to give your opinion which is great, we all do.

But you can not help to book a hotel and book a tour yourself (unless you are a travel agent ofcourse) which is totally arranged by law 1618, this arrangements are to be made either directly by the guest or a certified travel agent to be involved.

Regards from the hearth of Cappadocia,

Murat
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:56 AM

Have you heard of the "hop on hop off" bus that is operated by Fez Travel in Sultanahmet, Istanbul? I've heard they go to Greece as well. How reliable are they?
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Dear all,

As you know I am a new member of this site and I am trying to understand more this site. I gave suggestions from my experiences and my own informations. That is the reason why i can give limited answers. I was not trying to give wrong answers to Turnip or anyone else.

Kind regards...
Jun 24th, 2007, 09:01 AM

Hi Turnip, I can highly recommend the Apricot Hotel in Istanbul! it is very centrally located. There are two buildings and I have stayed in both of them. You can't go wrong in either one!

The owner is very kind and accommmodating and the breakfast buffet is the best we had during our 2 weeks in Turkey! From the breakfast patio you have a view of the Bosphorus as well.

You can get more info at their website:

www.apricothotel.com

We loved this place!
Jun 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM

What about Anatolia Houses in Cappadocia? It looks so beautiful on their web site. What will the weather be like the first week of November? Is it still ok to visit, or too cold?