Search

Istanbul - A'jia Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2006, 09:43 AM
mjz
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Istanbul - A'jia Hotel

We will be concluding a WindStar cruise in Instanbul next June. I would like to cap the trip off with something special. Having been to Istanbul before, the Four Seasons immediately comes to mind. Is anyone familiar with Ajia Hotel? I'm looking for some first hand comments. It looks pretty amazing and I would imagine the views are incredible. I love the minimalisic interior.

Also, are there any trendy boutique properties in Istanbul? Ex. Ian Schrager, Kimpton, W Hotels - type of feel - yes, I'm aware these brands are not in Istanbul. I came across Bentley Hotel, but the reviews on TripAdvisor are not favorable.

FYI - My other half has never been to Istanbul - so I'm looking to wow!

Thanks.
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 06:28 AM

I personally been to Aija. It is a real nice property and views are spectacular.
W hotels are coming to istanbul soon. In the same region a hotel called Sumahan is also gorgeous....
I can recommend you both.

If you need any other information please let me know. My speciality is boutique hotels and I travel inland very often.
Happy Travelling

Murat
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 08:51 AM
mjz
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion propertravel. I like the looks of both Ajia and Sumahan. The downside with both is location as it's not convenient to the tourist activities being on the Asia side. However, the location seems very peaceful with beautiful views from both properties.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 03:59 AM

As far as I know Sumahan offers private shuttle boat service to European side, probably Aija could arrange such service as well. From these location to main tourist attarction would be only 15 min by boat.... You can check with them.
Have Fun
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 05:38 AM
mjz
Original Poster

Thanks Murat.

I'm going to stay on the Asia side this time. Both of these hotels offer a private launch to the European side. From your first hand experience, do you recommend A'jia or Sumahan?

Thanks - Matt
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 04:39 AM

Why not staying in both of them?
I knew Sumahan before Ajia...
Sumahan is more modern traditional, Aija is more modern.....
If you stay in one make sure you visit the other one. Both have good restaurnats and different ambiance...
Happy travelling,

If you go Sumahan say hi to Nedret, Mark and Tuba ( she is the manager ), but if you decide on Ajia say hi to Zeynep Hanim, who is the manager....

Have Fun