Search

Isle of Capri

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isle of Capri

Please need help. We have booked 4 nights in Praiano and looking at 4 nights in Salerno in late sept/early oct before heading to Sicily. We are wanting to visit Capri. We initially didn’t book a night in Sorrento in case weather was bad and we couldn’t get to Capri on that day. How practical is it to get to Capri from Praiano or Salerno? How easy is it to get back to Sorrento to catch ferry from there without a car? Is taxi a viable alternative to get to and from Sorrento to make the most of a day at Capri. Now very confused. Any help on this and other tips as to how to spend our time would be very much appreciated.
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It depends when you intend to visit. There is a fast ferry from Salerno but from memory it stops running for the winter at the end of September so you have to go from Sorrento. Obviously you need therefore to visit while in Praiano and you have only two choices for getting there,either taxi or bus. I'm not sure how much a taxi will be, but I'd guess around €40 each way. The bus is cheaper at around €8 but takes twice as long. Others on here may have more information.

Roads will be quieter at that time of the year, so the journey shouldn't be too bad.
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the ferry schedules have been published as of yet, but the Capri website suggests they normally do the Salerno to Capri run until the end of October. Rome2rio website suggests a $35-45 taxi fare from Praiano to Sorrento. We were stuck, due a bus strike, once in Amalfi and taxi drivers were rude and wanted a minimum of 100 euros to drive us to Sorrento in the evening, so you should double-check, perhaps with your hotel. And, when on Capri, make sure you visit Anacapri and take the chair lift up to Monte Solaro, where you will experience the best views of the Amalfi coast.