Search

Ischia Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ischia Hotel?

My wife and I are traveling (w/o kids) to Ischia in later September to Ischia and are looking for a nice hotel that is located on a BEACH of Ischia. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 07:34 AM

Go to ischiaonline.it On that website you'll find a tremendous amount of hotels. I go to Ischia often. Our family is there. You can contact me at ajifji@hotmail .com If you have a family going, you should rent a car. It does have bus service, but I think it's more convenient with a car.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 07:47 AM

I was there the first part of Oct. last year. It's a lovely island and not very touristy at all. I stayed at Hotel Celeste, it's not on the beach, but a 5 min. walk away. There really are not many hotels right on a beach as I remember. I don't think I would drive there, the streets are VERY narrow and the locals drive very fast. I took the bus everywhere I needed to go, or walked. Wonderful seafood. There are some apts to rent, which might be good for a family. I met a couple who had rented an apt just down at the harbor from my hotel and it was only $350 a week! Have a great time - I would love to go back.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:11 AM

Barb, I think you might be referring to Procida, not Ischia?<BR><BR>Without hesitation I would recommend Park Hotel Miramare. It is right on the water, and the beautiful thermal spa and beach for guests is just up a private path, 5-10 minute walk.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Ann and Barb for your quick responses. I had gone to that website before but having a hard time truly nailing down the beach hotel. They tend to kind of skirt the issue about the beach but no strong picture proving it is directly on the beach. This worries me as we have not been there before. I will follow up on your email directly as well. We are looking for one with a nice sandy beach that has a spa on sight. And with a thermal bath very very close by.<BR><BR>Do either of you know whether you can rent Vespas there? I have no desire to fight to drive a car! <BR><BR>Any direction would be appreciated!<BR><BR>Thanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Nutella - I believe I read that in another thread on here somewhere! Park Hotel Miramare - any ideas on the rate for mid to late Sept? I am going to search to see if they have a web site in the meanwhile.<BR><BR>By the way, do you know that Nutella is a chocolate spread originating from Belgium. It's quite good. Of course I am partial since my family is from Beligum! <BR><BR>Thanks again!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

The Park Hotel Miramare - a review says this:<BR>&quot;This hotel is right on the sea, although it has no beach to speak of&quot;<BR><BR>We want a beach to soak our feet into! <BR>Thanks anyway - any other suggestions?
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Does anyone know if any of the following fit my criteria or any other information about them?<BR><BR>Grand Hotel Excelsior<BR>Hotel Continental Terme<BR>Hotel Il Moresco<BR>Hotel Regina Isabella e Royal Sporting<BR>Hotel Terme San Montano<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 09:29 AM

Travelingfool, the Park Hotel Miramare isn't paying me to say this, but please don't discount it so quickly. You can practically touch the ocean from the rooms' balconies and the restaurant/patio area. The thermal spa affiliated with the hotel is a five minute walk up a private path (you go their in your robe and flip flops provided with your room). From the spa you just go down the steps and are at a beautiful beach with a private chaise lounge area reserved for hotel guests. The beach, Maronti, is possibly the best on the island.<BR>And I'm awfully flattered that the Belgians named a chocolate after me : )
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 09:35 AM

http://www.hotelmiramare.it
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 12:01 PM

I went to thier website, yet was unable to locate rates. Can someone inform me of the range in price, for an April visit. THanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 12:23 PM

Yes, they rent vespas. Go to the website and look at &quot;Cars and Rentals&quot;. Driving on Ischia isn't bad. We do it all the time. I have to tell you that not a lot of English is spoken there. Here's a 2 star hotel that I know the owner, Carla, speaks English. http://www.hotelcelestino.it<BR>They treat you like family. It's like a B&amp;B. All the rooms have a terrace overlooking the sea. The hotel is inexpensive and spotless. The beach is a few steps away. It's sister hotel is up the hill and has a therme. It depends what you're looking for.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 01:13 PM

Whoops - I read Ischia and was thinking Procida.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:25 PM

One thing about Ischia is that it is limited on beach. Beach isn't completely around the whole island because there is a lot of rock.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 08:56 AM

With all due respect to the above suggestions, my wife and I feel the same as you about a beach on an island. We're going to Ischia in June and are staying on the West coast in Forio at the Tritone. It's a little remote, but that's in the equation, too. It is directly on the beautiful beach of San Francesco that I'm sure you'll like. Go to the website at http://www.hoteltritone.it (It is available only in in italian though, not english.) Click on La Spiaggia.<BR><BR>I'll post a review when we get back, but unless I'm badly mistaken, I'm sure it will be positive. Avere una vacanza meravigliosa!
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 09:09 AM

The Hotel Mare Blu is as close as you can get to the beach without actually being on the beach. It is located in Ischia Ponte, which is the older part of Ischia....the part with the Castle.<BR><BR>The hotel has a private beach, mud baths and spas. The beach is out the front door, across the street...about 15 yards away.<BR><BR>Ask for romm 471 which has an outstanding view and spacious, private balcony.<BR><BR>I have some Ischia photos on my site if you'd like to view them:<BR><BR>http://www.jimtardio.com/italy.html<BR><BR>Have a great trip. Make sure you try the rabbit for dinner.