Isar Card vs.Weekly pass in Munich

Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:28 AM
Bill

Isar Card vs.Weekly pass in Munich

I know that one can buy in the automatic vending machines an Isar Card for public transport in Munich,but that card is only valid from Sunday to Sunday right?
I recall being able to buy a "regular" weekly subway pass when you bought a passport foto with you. Does that still exist? And if yes, does anyone know what it costs?

Mar 11th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Wilma

just back from Munich last night........the weekly pass or Isar Card can be purchased at the hauptbahnhoff and airport (probably other places as well) from the manned booth; does not require any photo. It can also be purchased from the vending machine, but the problem is that these cards are for specific weekly times, i.e. Sunday-Sunday (or Sat-Sat, can't remember) which is not efficient if you want your week to start on a Wednesday or some other day.

The cost depends on how far you want your transportation to extend. My brother got a card for innerstadt (one zone) and it was about 12 euros; I got the most extensive card that included the airport (four zones?) because I was going to be making six trips to the airport during the week and that was 30.20 Euros.

Mar 13th, 2002, 07:13 AM
jean

Last year we stopped at the booth in the airport, told the guy how long we would be there, where we wanted to be able to go and whether or not we would always be traveling together or seperate. He gave us all the tickets we needed, took the time to explain each one, and for about $40 the two of us could go anywhere in the 3 center rings for the 5 days we were there. VERY EASY, I love the subway system there.