Is this "slow travelling" slow enough?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this "slow travelling" slow enough?

Sure would appreciate any revisions to our proposed 15 days in Spain:
- arrive Barcelona and stay 3 nights
- fly (or train?) to Sevilla and spend 4 nights (day trip to Cordoba?)
- pick up a car and drive to Ronda stopping in Arcos de la Frontera and Grazalema - stay one night in Ronda
- drive to Nerja and "park" for a week in a timeshare
- do white village day trips during the week and take organized day trip to Granada
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 01:34 AM

There's an 'all Preferente' Talgo that leaves Barcelona around 22:30 and gets you to Sevilla at 08:30. Two person sleeper Compartments (upper & lower): very quiet & comfortable. Book your tix when you arrive in Barcelona and you shouldn't have any problem with availability.

There's also a mini-mart in Barcelona Sants railway station. I was glad I had bought some drinks & snacks - the Cafe-car was 7-cars away.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

thanks for that. I'm wondering which would be more economical-the train or flying. Obviously the train would save a hotel night! But is it that much less than booking an early morning flight from Barcelona to Seville? Also another thought, once I'm in Barcelona, I assume I'm closer to the centro than from the airport. Is there an airport shuttle into the centre?
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 12:58 PM

Sounds good to me...be sure to see the caves in Nerja--they're wonderful. Have a great trip.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:57 PM

Given that the week in Nerja appears to be fixed, I wouldn't disagree a great deal. My general feeling is that you may have slighted Granada. It's my favorite so you must take my thoughts with a grain of salt. If you still have your car, it's an easy drive and I would suggest an overnite. It's a nifty town [even if it didn't ha e the Alhambra] Should you become restless with a week in Nerja, try heading back up the the Granada road and then taking the road up thru Lanjaron, Capiliera, Bubion, etc. You will not be bored. One town that I think daytrippers from Sevilla overlook is Snlucar de Barrrameda. Very nice seafood and out of the tourist track.
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:29 PM
mnc

In Barcelona, you can catch a train from the airport to Sants train station (or the other way round).