New to the site, so hopefully I am posting my questions in all the right places. My husband and I are from the U.S. and looking to take a 2-month backpacking trip across Europe from end of July to end of September.
So far the plan is this:
Ireland - 7 days (rental car) Dublin to Dingle to Galway and back
Scotland - 5 days (rental car) Glasgow to Isle of Skye to Inverness
England - 5 days (subway/tour bus) London
Belgium - 3 days (rail/walk) Brussels flower carpet to Bruges
France - 9 days (subway) Paris to Bordeaux to Burgundy
Switzerland - 6 days (rail/??) Geneva to Grindelwald
Italy - 11 days (rail/walk) Rome to Florence to Venice
Austria - 3 days (rail/walk) Vienna
Poland - 3 days (rail/??) Krakow
Czech Republic - 3 days (??) Prague
Germany - 4 days (rail/walk) Munich Oktoberfest
My husband and I are both in our early 30's and this will be our first trip to Europe!
Any advice on best mode of transport/hostels/favorite hole in the wall diners or must-do trails? Also...any tips on which electronic devices we should bring and best ways to Skype family throughout trip? All responses will be read and greatly appreciated.
I've noted above in parenthesis what we had planned to do w/transportation...is there more than 1 rail company, that part seems so confusing to me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 2 Where to buy Saffron?
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 6 Malaga Christmas lights
- 7 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 8 Portugal
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 12 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 13 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 18 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 19 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 20 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 23 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 24 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 25 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg