Is this good price?

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Bob

Is this good price?

I am traveling to Europe for summer school in Innsbruck July 2-Aug 10. I found airfare for $800 with taxes roundtrip from Chicago to Munich. Traveling within a couple days of that date, is this a good deal? Should I wait for better deals?
Thanks for any input

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 09:55 PM
M. Giggle

Bob,

For high season (summer) it's a good price. But not a brilliant bargain.

If you haven't already done so, I'd check Travelocity.com, Expedia.com, and also call each airline that flies your route.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 06:08 AM
Don

Since you need to stay >30 days, try a consolidator or student ticket agency such as CouncilTravel.com or Flights.com. If you purchase direct from airlines, their cheapest fares usually only allow 30 days max. stay. Consolidators and student agencies generally have negotiated tickets with stays from 3 months to one year.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Barb

Seems pretty high. Can you maybe fly into Frankfurt - we have gotten airfare to Frankfurt for around $350. Also check priceline and bid for a ticket.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Ann

You can do a lot better than that, but you're looking too early.

Wait until February at the earliest, unless some huge sale comes along.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 07:23 PM
xxxx

Way high, specially given recent events. I bet Priceline can do way better than that.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 07:31 PM
Gretchen

Think about tracking Icelandic Airlines also. Might shave some off. Who knows.Think about flying into Luxembourg with IA. Think about alternative/cheaper places to fly into. SHOP, SHOP.