Reload this Page >

Is This a Good Price?

Search

Is This a Good Price?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Ben

Is This a Good Price?

Hi- I am a student going to innsbruck for summer school. Leaving from chicago on or about the 27th of june and returning approximately august 12th. I found a price of $800 taxes included, is this a good price or should I wait. Thanks for any input.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Leslie

Looks like an excellent price. I just tried your route and dates through Orbitz and the lowest cost I came up with is $1489 including taxes on Lufthansa.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Ben

Thank you for the quick reply. Would it make sense for me to wait for sales to come up. If so, when will summer sales become available.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Gretchen

It seems a pretty good fare for high season. Have you checked Council Travel? They specialize in student and teacher travel and you might get a better price through them.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Leslie

Truly, it depends upon how comfortable you are playing Russian Roulette. The flights I commented on fly into Innsbruck. I suppose you could fly into Geneva or Zurich and it would be cheaper, but then you would have to deal with the train.<BR><BR>Since you're a student, I suggest you also look into student fares, but the price you have is an excellent one for high season.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Ben

Sorry to not post this earlier, but the $800 price was into Munich. Are the rates going to be more expensive because I am staying about 45 days. Also if I go into munich is it easy to catch a shuttle from the airport to innsbruck or would someone recommend my I rent a car in munich and turn it in near innsbruck. TY

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Ben

Any other recommendations? TTT

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Katherine

That is not a bad price since you are going at peak travel time. Also, I dont know if this is possible but Munich is 78 miles from Innsbruck you could also check and see if there is something cheaper. I also like the idea of Council Travel, they are excellent to work with. Good luck on your studies.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:40 PM
ingrid

The best I could find was 744.00, taxes not icnluded, so 800.00 sounds great. However, I also remember that USAir had some super fares last summer for around 400.00 or so from Washington, DC to Germany. But since you're going to a summer school and presumable don't have much flexibility, I would grab this rate. Find out what their policy is in case the rate drops drastically.