Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there such a thing as "suite" hotels in paris and rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 02:02 PM
meg

I'm looking for more than a hotel room, but less than an apartment. Is there such a thing as a "suite" hotel with maid service and a kitchenette in paris and rome?

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 01:15 PM
Christina

There certainly are in Paris. There are a couple major modern chains in Paris that have some (Orion, Citadines), you can see both on some web site for B&V Associates (try www.apartmenthotels.com). Home Plazza is another company with two in Paris (www.home-plazza.com). Also, there are a couple smaller private residence hotels: Residence Henri IV in the 5th arr. is one, and there's an expensive one in the 1st or 8th arr called Residence du Roy. There's also a French company called Pierre et Vacances that has at least one in Paris in Montmartre (www.pierre-vacances.fr).

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 02:08 PM
Gary

I checked the websites for the home-plazza and the 2 hotels look great. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of either? or a recommendation for which location is best? Thanks a lot.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 10:37 AM
meg

How about Rome? Any suite hotels there?

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 10:38 AM
meg

How about Rome?

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 12:27 PM
Art

Gary, I stayed at the Orian in Prague last year and it was a great hotel. It comes with one or two bedrooms, one or two bath rooms and a full kitchen. Mine was very clean and comfortable. <BR>

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 12:39 PM
Christina

Gary, I haven't stayed in either but would recommend the Home Plazza Bastille. Its location is better, more convenient and almost in the Marais, the other is near Place Nation and really practically in the 12th arr, just not so nice or accessible to things. Also, I've read a review in some guidebook, can't recall where, that the Bastille just seems a little nicer/homier in person; photos can lie but even its photos look a little nicer for the rooms on that web site. The rates on that web site look pretty good, but you can also book and get good discounts sometimes on www.hoteldiscounts.com for those properties.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 12:39 PM
karen

I have seen a place called the Velabro advertised in Rome. It's in a nice location, near the Bocca della verita', and it sounds like what you're looking for. Other than that, I don't know anything about it. You should be able to find it by doing a search on lodging in Rome.