9 day itinerary outside of Paris

Jul 2nd, 2000, 09:08 PM
gretchen

9 day itinerary outside of Paris

I need suggestions for a 9 day itinerary for the countryside of France in Sept

Jul 3rd, 2000, 09:11 AM
maan

rouen, about an hour from paris, nice medieval city. mont st. michel, south of france is great - avignon, nice, cannes, monaco, carcassone (le cite)

Jul 3rd, 2000, 10:40 AM
Joel

We would like to travel to Mont St. Michel from Paris and have booked the train (TGV) to Rennes, but only two trains run to MSM each day. Do you know anything about bus service from Rennes to MSM?

Jul 3rd, 2000, 08:49 PM
Terry

Gretchen: If you like history, I would definitely see Normandy (Rouen, Mont St. Michel, Bayeux and beaches). That will take 3 days; try to spend one night on the island at Mt. St. Michel. The Loire Valley is a must-see with several nice Chateau to visit (and stay in if you have the bucks). Allow 2-3 days for that area. You could spend the other 3 days in the Burgundy/Champagne region if you're into wine, or the Dordogne area if you like caves, castles, small-town markets, etc. If you don't go to Normandy, I would suggest 3 days in Loire valley, 3 days in Provence and 3 days on the Riviera. E-Mail me if you would like more specific info.

Jul 4th, 2000, 07:44 AM
Tom

Here's our current trip for 18 days in October, you can cut it back and accomplish the same thing in 9 days though. You will need a train pass!

1. Arrive Paris...train to Sarlat de Canada, home of the 100 years war, a great medievil city and numerous castles.

2. On to Avignon for 7 days in Provence...enough said!

3. Then to Beaune for great burgundie food and wine.

4. Then to Colmar for a little French and German with white wine thrown in...and them back to Paris.

Wow, I'm ready to go now!!!

Jul 5th, 2000, 02:41 PM
Marie

Joel,
There is bus service to MSM outside the train station beyond the rental car offices. The charge is 128ff each. It is free if you have a ERailpass. Just show it to the bus driver.

Search this Thread