Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there an easy way to get from Shannon airport to Dublin without driving? without

Search

Is there an easy way to get from Shannon airport to Dublin without driving? without

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2005, 11:14 AM
epi
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We can get a wonderful fare to Shannon, but really want to go to Dublin, then Belfast. is there any express bus or train from Shannon airport to Dublin? I can't seem to find this out on the bus and train websites.
Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 04:22 PM

epi,

I don't really know the answer to this but I would guess that there will be a bus service linking Shannon to Limerick. You should then be able to get to Dublin from Limerick.

Hopefully, by bringing this message back up to the top, one of our Irish
"experts" will see it. If not, have you tried Shannon's website? I'm sure it will be easy enough to find on Google.

Jim
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 05:11 PM

Try http://www.citylink.ie for express bus service Galway - Dublin (airport or downtown) 12-Euro or Shannon - Galway (tourist office) 13-Euro. I don't know if they have a combined fare. Or you can always take BusEireann Shannon - Galway via Ennis & either BusEireann or IrishRail Galway - Dublin. CityLink bus is to/from the Irish Tourist Office in Galway, about 100m from BusEireann & IrishRail Bus/Train Station.

It'll probably take you about 6-hours either way.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 05:17 PM

From what I remember, there is a train from Dublin to Limerick, but not the airport. You'll have to take a taxi or bus to the train station.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:27 AM

Get the train! A bus would be a long nightmare trip after just landing....I did this many years ago when they went on strike at shannon and we took the train to Heuston station in Dublin. I would check the rail website for the closest station.