Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there a safe place to leave a rental car in La Spezia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 09:44 AM
Annie

Slight chance we'll have a couple of days the week of April 15th at end of our Tuscany trip to go to Cinque Terre. I'd consider parking my car in La Pienza---but I would need to feel it was a prudent thing to do. Any advice? <BR>AR

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 11:05 AM
Georgine

While driving through La Spezia, we did not notice any protected parking lots. There were definitely no parking garages. <BR> <BR>If you are going to be overnighting in one of the 5 villages, why not consider Monterroso al Mare where you can park in the guarded lot on the jetty? (That way, you can check on your car daily if you are uncomfortable). Or, several of the hotels in town have their own lots. Also, there is a small parking lot in Manarola at the top of the village if you would consider lodging there.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 12:49 PM
joe

Have left my rental car at the train station two times for three days each as I went to Cinque Terra. Everybody does it. In fact, it is reccomnded by a couple of Travel Guides. Just don't leave anything visible inside the car. We did leave unneeded luggage in the trunk. Point: I always rent a car with an enclosed trunk as opposed to the pull over covers on some small cars.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Kathy

We also left our car at the train station without any problems.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 02:04 AM
amanda

Here is a copy of a posting sent to me when I had the same question as yours about two months ago <BR>". I was really glad we opted to park in La Spezia - like <BR>yourself, I was a bit worried about finding a place for the car. The <BR>"Autorimessa Stationi" we parked in was right at the bottom of the main <BR>stairs leading up to the train station (a 1 minute walk). The garage is <BR>really small and only holds a few cars and runs around $15 (U.S. dollars) a <BR>day - the man that runs the garage was friendly and we knew the car would be <BR>safe. It was well worth it and the train is the best and most economic way <BR>to get around the Cinque Terre area." <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>