Is there a Ferry from Malta to Tunis?

Nov 24th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Is there a Ferry from Malta to Tunis?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a ferry or other type of vessel that goes from Malta to Tunis? I have seen a mini cruise offered by Academic Tours, that departs on a Friday afternoon, arrives in Tunis on Saturday Morning, where by you can do a day tour, return to the boat and leave that evening at 7 and be back in Malta at noon on Sunday. I sent Academic Tours an email requesting more information, but they have not bothered to respond. I will be in Malta late June and first two weeks of July.

Any help would be great.
Nov 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM

I don't know how much this helps but I thought I would suggest it.

Grimaldi Ferries sails from Malta-Salerno and Salerno-Tunis. I know this is a long journey but maybe it fits into your plans somehow.

http://www.grimaldi-ferries.com
Nov 25th, 2005, 01:00 AM

Do you know which ship does the mini cruise for Academic Tours? If you have a name or description, it should be possible to check if the ship still runs.
Grimaldi Ferries (www.grimaldi-ferries.com) offer a weekly sailing from Tunis to Malta (as part of a triangular route). From Malta to Tunis, it may be necessary to go via Italy. Look at Virtu Ferries (www.virtuferries.com), Grandi Navi Veloci (www.gnv.it) and Medmar (www.medmarnavi.it). Do not rely on any schedules published now as they could change before next June.
Nov 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

24hrs after posting this question, Academic Tours replied stating that the mini cruise no longer runs due to lack of numbers in 2005. Unfortunately there were no clues to which cruise/ferry company was offering the tour. Oh well a few extra days relaxing in Gozo never hurt anyone. Cheers