Search

Is Rome Colosseum Underground worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2023, 07:54 AM
moo
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Rome Colosseum Underground worth it?

Have you been on the Rome Colosseum Underground tour and is it worth it? Seems as if the group would be 24 people. Is that too many? Our private tour guide cannot get tickets for this but can get them for the Colosseum arena floor. So is the floor worth the extra fee or should I go to plan B and do the small group tour of the underground? So it is between the Underground with a small group or Arena Floor tour with a private tour guide?
Old Feb 25th, 2023, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been on the underground tour, but so long ago that it included the third level with its magnificent views over Rome. None of the tours get to climb that high now. The official guide certainly pointed out a lot of interesting features, and you get a headset that helps you hear them, so I didn’t find the size of the group to be a disadvantage. The Coopculture site sells a range of tickets including guided tour of the underground plus access to the arena, or a guided tour of both.