Is Pegasus Air reliable?

Feb 14th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Is Pegasus Air reliable?

Planning a trip to Turkey in Sept, and looking at Pegasus Air for a flight from Kayseri back to Istanbul, for further travel. They only have one flight per day, per their web site, and want to make sure I can count on it. Thanks
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:46 AM

I'd be interested to hear what others think of Pegasus Air too. Had a quick look at this site:

http://www.airlinequality.com/

and the reviews seem favourable.

Kay
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:16 AM

My husband and I are flying Pegasus from Istanbul to Izmir and back in March. I posted your same question on this board a few weeks ago and got a few positive responses, which made me comfortable enough to go ahead and book the flights. One thing I've noticed is that many of their Istanbul flights fly into/out of the airport on the Asian side of the city, so just make sure you pay attention to the airport selection when booking.
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:42 AM

Pegasus was formerly a turkish charter airline . recently adding domestic schedule.

Realize that this is a relatively small airline 14 Boeing 737 aircraft. Thieir scheduled flights in turkey leave from istanbuls 2nd airport . It is located on the asian side and a considerable distance from the city center. Less convenient than the Ataturk ( main airport where most all schuled international aircraft land and depart.
For international connections using pegasus can be inconvenient .
A few years ago the airline financial situation was improved with a major investment by one of the wealthiest families in Turkey.
Do not expect great service but it should get you where you wish to go.

Many in Germany , Austria fly to Turkey for vacations using this airline - cheap and used by several tour companies for transfers due to low cost.
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Here's what I wrote in my report:

We returned to Istanbul via Pegasus Air, landing at Sabiha Gocken International Airport, We arrived at the domestic terminal with no vans to be seen. Walked over to the international terminal, and it was absolutely deserted. Obviously the vans are there when international flights arrive around 4 and 5 a.m. 7 or 8 a.m. is already too late. We walk back to the domestic terminal just as the last bus pulls out. The dispatcher whistles him down, the bus stops in the middle of the access road, we run like mad across the grass and climb into the back door. At some point during the trip, when the bus clears a little, I walk to the front and pay our fare. We did not catch the airport bus but a local bus. After a long ride, including crossing the Bosphorus on one of the suspension bridges, I see a metro sign. We get off, go down to the metro. We are at the last station. We take the metro to Taksim Square, the last station at the other end, go to the funicular which we take down to the streetcar which takes us within 1.5 blocks of our hotel in the Sultanahmet district. Total time: 2.5 hours. Cost: 16 TRY. To avoid the anxieties we experienced, one could take the airport limousine directly to Taksim Square--it also would speed up the trip. On the other hand, since all the rides are obtained at the beginning of the line, luggage is less of a problem in that one can place oneself comfortably in the bus, funicular or streetcar without having to push through a crowd.