Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is it worth the money going to the island of capri while on a honeymoon or should we pass on it?

Search

Is it worth the money going to the island of capri while on a honeymoon or should we pass on it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 04:50 PM
giovanna

hello my name is giovanna.Next year my fiance' and are going on 6 weeks honeymoon through Europe starting in Paris France. then working our way down the Italy, going to Lake Como, Milano, Firenze, Pisa, Roma, then a train stop in Naples.Does anyone think we should stay in Naples, then go to the island of capri before, we going down more south to visit Relatives.We are from Canada. I hope someone can help us out. <BR> <BR>giovanna <BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:38 PM
alome

I have not been to Capri but I had read so many negative things about it that we instead went to the Amalfi coast which I would highly recommend. We stayed in Positano but there is also Amalfi and Ravello. Make sure you go to Pompei because it is one of the wonders of the world. I would think you could pass on Naples-dirty, crime ridden city. Good luck on your trip...

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:03 PM
wendy

After a month in Italy, I think I loved Naples best. Capri is gorgeous and I would have loved to be there on a romantic trip!

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Patrick

Yes, many negative things have been said about Capri, nearly all of them from people who made a day trip there. If that's all you have time for, then I'd pass. But if you can spend a couple of nights on Capri, then by all means go. You can avoid the day tripping crowds by going to Anacapri and taking the lift up the mountain, by walking up to the ruins at the Eastern end of the island, or by going down to Marina Picolo. And in the evenings after the crowds have left you find Capri a magical and very romantic place.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Sue

I spent 2 nights on Capri and think it's a jewel! I would definitely go back there and spend more time and along the Amalfi Coast. <BR> <BR>What a terrific trip to take at the beginning of your marriage. Good luck!