Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is it Possible to "Overdo" the Italian Lakes?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 02:29 PM
mike

My wife and I will visit Lakes Garda, Como and Maggiore in July:<BR><BR>Milan (1 day, stay w/ cousin in Monza)<BR>rent car<BR>Verona (2 days, Armando Hotel)<BR>Sirmione (via Bergamo, 2 days, Hotel Sirmione)<BR>Bellagio (3 days, Belvedere)<BR>Stresa (2 days, La Palma).<BR><BR>We've previously been to Venice, Rome, Tuscany and Amalfi Coast.<BR><BR>Too much Lake? I'd love any comments, suggestions.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Nan

Ten days at different lakes isn't overdoing it. How can you overdo beauty anyway? I always spend more times at the ocean or a lake myself. Water draws me to it, I must have Aquarius rising.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Julie

One year we did 12 days or more in the Italian Lakes, besides Como and Maggiore and Garda, also Orta and even Iseo. Never tired of it. In fact, it was one of our favorite trips. Beautiful and very relaxing. You've got Milan and Verona as well as lakes. You'll be fine, in fact may wonder why you didn't plan for more.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 03:11 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Sounds good to me---the Lakes are my favorite venue in Italy. Drive over to Orta from Stresa--via Gignese. Have fun

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:57 AM
mike

Thanks for the replies, I agree with you!<BR><BR>It's just when I read something like "three days on Como was a little much" I started wondering what the heck they could be thinking.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Nomad

Ditto.