Is Europe Ecstatic Right Now?

Sep 12th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Bob

Is Europe Ecstatic Right Now?

As Europeans have assured us this year how much they despise America, are the bulk of Europeans delighted with the terror attacks made yesterday by the Arab swine?

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Jen

Bob - you really need to be removed from this site. Obviously you have not read any of the posts from our friends from Europe, you have not watched any international news reports, and you are shamefully ignorant.

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:16 AM
John G

Bob, I think you should get help for your obvious drinking and/or crack addiction. Did you take a tab of LSD before you got on your computer this morning?? Or maybe you are just psychotic? JG

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Reinhard

Bob, I´m a german doctor. Your ideas are so sick : Come and see me and you´ll get a free treatment (which is better than
been taken to the nuthouse )!

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:43 AM
X

But Reinhard, the current foreign minister of Germany, Mr. Fischer, wanted to do these sorts of things to America and West Germany back in the seventies. And he seems to be very popular in Germany. Frankly, the contempt shown America's way during President Bush's recent visit, especially the hate displayed by Mr. Jospin of France, Mr. Perrson of Sweden and Mr. Shroeder of Germany, will always be remembered by good Americans.

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Ann

I have no problem with people demonstrating contempt toward the US and its leaders. After all, free speech and freedom of expression is what this country's all about.

Please don't confuse opinion with violence. Europeans are greatly saddened with yesterday's events. Direct your anger toward the people who attacked the US, not people you perceive as having "slighted" us.

Sep 12th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Sheila

"Europeans"? What Europeans. EVERYONE I know is devastated. No-one can talk about anything else.

I came in to work at 8 this morning (which is early here) and a secretary was already in. She said "I did nothing yesterday afternoon so I guess I owed you guys some time"

This place was at a standstill and today every conversation start with "Isn't it awful"?

There is uniform condemnation- and not a little fear

Sep 12th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Kavey

Ditto.

How can you visit this site, see all the outpourings of sympathy, fear, worry, concern and honestly believe we are delighted?

It's minds like yours, closed and hateful, who have perpetrated this horrific attack.

If your post isnt just a sick joke at a bad time, I truly truly pity you.

Kavey

Sep 12th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Reinhard

Answer to " X "
If you wnat to bring Joschka Fischer in any contact-even the slightest-to what happend yesterday, you should be more
interested in German history. Everyone in Germany knows about Fischer´s time in left groups in the late sixties.
Nevertheless he does a tremendous job
in many parts of the world (look at his
negotiations in the middle east).
Madeleine Albright regarded him " as one of America`s sincerest friends ".
The whole of Europe is in deep sympathy with the American people in these tragic days.Please accept this and don´t try
to connect Europeans with the horror of
yesterday. Instead all freedom loving people should stay close together despite occasional political differences.

Sep 12th, 2001, 10:15 AM
sarah

I have not spoken to a single person here in the UK who has not expressed absolute horror at yesterdays attack on so many innocent people. We may not always agree on your politics or opinions but there isn't anybody that felt that this was deserved. We send our condolences.

Sep 12th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Art

I am in Poland now and the whole news media is glued to events in the US and no one is gloating or expressing anything but sorrow. I heard about it on the drive from Torun to Gdansk yesterday, but being in Polish, only understood part of it. We had to go to the internet to get the full story (so far).
My sorrow and love go out to the victoms of yesterdays cowerdly act.
Artt

Sep 12th, 2001, 12:49 PM
Brianh

Everyone I have spoken to here in the UK have been absolutely shocked and horrified by what has happened in the States.... I could not believe my eyes when I first picked up the news from the Internet. Believe you me... nobody's laughing. I have visited New York five times now and love the city. The American people have always been very kind and welcoming. I cannot imagine what New Yorkers are feeling now.

Sep 12th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Bob

For all those who don't know, German Foreign minister Joschka Fischer was a supporter of the Bader-Meinhoff terror gang in the 1970s. He also was in on violent plans against the USA and his own country. These plans included the murder of policemen. Old photos have him on film trying to murder a West German cop. Germans should be ashamed of this filthy man but they, like Reinhard, exault this man. Deep down, Germans hate Americans for having to beat them twice in the last century because of their villainous attitudes.

Sep 12th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Miriam

Bob,

you`re sick. You display the hate that was given to you yesterday. Joschka Fischer has not the best record due to his life in the 70`s, no relation to Baader-Meinhof though. He has changed and does a great job and that`s the best a person can do. You won`t. Go out and help people, donate blood, give money or whatever and do not put fire to an already difficult situation. Your post was extremely helpful to all who`ve lost somebody... Great achievement.

Miriam