good hotel in Prague

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:41 AM
erez

good hotel in Prague

We are going to Prague in mid October and looking for a good hotel. By "good" we mean located in the heart of the old city, nice rooms and reasonable prices. If you know of any - please let me know, thanks in advance. Erez.

Sep 12th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Marc David Miller

Try

www.cloister-inn.cz

Sep 12th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Linda

Check nethotels.com and www.avetravel.cz for good hotels/penzions in all price ranges. We stayed at Penzion Balbin, near the Muzeum Metro & Wenceslas Sqaure (about 5-10 minute walk to anywhere you want to go). It is on the top of an apartment building with elevator after 1st flight and locked door to the outside so safe. The rooms are clean, have skylights and shower/toilet in room. Good buffet breakfasts, nice English-speaking staff.

Sep 12th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Fred

Hi Erez
Try www.hotelsprague.cz nice site.
Fred

Sep 12th, 2001, 11:52 AM
erez

Thanks for your quick unswers and tips. The web sites are ok, but I'm looking for a first hand impression of the hotel. If anyone was in good, well located and not too expensive hotel - please step forward. Thanks.

Sep 12th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Marc David Miller

Look in the Czech postings and you will see many first person recommendations, including my recommendations for the Cloister Inn.

Sep 12th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Leslie

Erez,

There are some here that have stayed and raved about The Cloister Inn, The Bethlem Club and Hotel Metamorphis. Two posters even held their wedding receptions at the Hotel Metamorphis.

However, I am staying in the Mala Strana section of Prague, at the House at the Charles Bridge in November. It was a former brewery converted to a r star hotel.

Hope some of this information helps.