is bunratty castle worth it?

May 14th, 2019, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

is bunratty castle worth it?

we will be driving down from Connemara and this will be our last day in Ireland. we are staying at parkside b&b, walkable to the castle. family with 2 teens, 16 and 17. will buntatty be a good way to end our trip and then off to dirty nelly's for our final dinner before Shannon departure the next morning? many thanks.
May 16th, 2019, 04:10 AM

I doubt your boys will. Maybe go to the beach in Lahinch, great surfing town. An hour from Bunratty, You could still have dinner at Durty Nellys or try the Creamery bar.
Jun 3rd, 2019, 10:43 AM

The Bunratty Folk Park and Castle are so/so. There are plenty of places to see thatched cottages in Ireland.

Durty Nelly's is fine for dinner, however,

I would HIGHLY recommend the Bunratty Castle Banquet.
My first time, I figured this had to be the biggest tourist trap around but I was very impressed.

About $63 per person but totally worth it for a pretty good show and meal - Mead, Soup, Spare Ribs, Chicken, a dessert.
Bag pipes, people in costume, singing, harp and violin music. Someone is crowned King and Queen and someone is thrown in the dungeon. Lots of jokes and laughing. Really a fun end to your trip.

I was there last week and have done the dinner 3 times before. It doesn't get old. Book fast because it always sells out quickly. Sometimes there are tickets on GROUPON. If none there, check directly with the Bunratty website. On certain nights the banquet moves over to Dunguaire castle.