Is anyone else bored?

Apr 8th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Is anyone else bored?

Seems like no one of interest either posts or answers....it's days between posts on this forum now. nO interesting topics, no humor, no sarcasm, no good info, just drivel, drivel, drivel. Anyone else but me think this. have posted queries and not but one or two anemic answers. I am getting tired...answers to my travel questions are not here...too few bother anymore. Anyone?
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:12 PM

drivel, drivel, drivel

There, now that is out of the way..........

Air travel is down, the economy is in the toilet....

I expect general enthusiasm is down.

We may not be going over this year either, but my 'nip is kicking in.
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:23 PM

No I'm not bored. I'm well aware that this post is just bait but I'm in the mood to bite. Just did a quick check - there were over 225 posts in the past 24 hours alone. Quick glance leads me to think that were at least a dozen that received no answer. With the "top 50" moving off the front page four times in a day.... it's not surprising that some dont' get answered right away. Even board regulars don't always have a chance to check posts more than once a day at best and many people never look past the first 50. If I post and don't get an answer I bring it to the top for myself.

Apr 8th, 2003, 08:31 PM

Owen. You are a regular statistician! You could write a book about the Fodor's board.
Aurelia. It is really boring, all right. Partly, it's this censorship/registration stuff, I think. While it's nice not to have to read the hateful stuff, it's not as much fun to check the board and see what's cookin'. Maybe some of the readership is down. This is for Owen to determine, with a survey of posts a year ago.
Icithecat, Glad your cat nip is kicking in.
As for me, I'm sittin' around waiting for our hot water heater to kick in, as my son used all the water for his lengthy shower. So, I'm bored checkin' the board, too.
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:41 PM

I'm no statistician but surveys show that 3/4 of the people make up 75% of the population {;-)

Actually.... I'm bored as h*ll - stuck for the night in a Minneapolis airport hotel!

I have only recently begun to frequent the Europe board as I plan for my first Ireland trip, thus I'm in no position to comment on changes in posting volume.

I have been a regular in the US forum for quite some time. If one subtracts the large volume of inane drivel that was completely and totally non-travel related and all the troll posts.... I think current posting level on the US board is about where it was a year ago or higher.

Yes I like registration. I was 100% in support of the concept and I've been happy with the results now that the transition is more or less over.

Apr 8th, 2003, 08:43 PM

Well hi, Owen. Where are you off to? Did it snow in Minneapolis today?
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:51 PM

Drivel, drivel, drivel? I HATE it when all those basketball players start posting!
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:05 PM
lyb

Aurelia,

Could it be that the people who are posting notes, actually want it information and don't need this board as a way of socializing?

And frankly, I could see that you would be bored if you depend on a bulletin board for your social life.
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:07 PM

Ooooh that cut!

US
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:14 PM

The hot water has returned. I'm off. Good night, all my fellow bored boarders. And Lyb. Goodnight to you, too.
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:36 AM

If you live in the Northeast there is one more reason to feel low- weather! snow, sleet, rain- where's the sun? Our long awaited trip to Europe departs next Thurs- should be a cure for the blues.
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:12 AM

I'm excited about my trip! Woohoo! Five more weeks to go!
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:18 AM
RAR

Between planning a spring break trip to Sicily, and a 2 month trip this summer, nope not bored
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:19 AM

So Owen why didn't you leave your hotel room and traipse over to the Mall of American for a ride on the Camp Snoopy ferris wheel or something?
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:06 AM

I have found that when the weather is this icky out and things are kind of boring everywhere, I plan a trip!
I just got back from one and it really makes me cheerful to read all about a new place, look at photos of places I want to visit, even if it is months away.
Like last night~it is sleeting, raining, miserable out, I sat here and planned more of our trip to warm, sunny Mexico. Keeps my enthusiasm up, otherwise the Pup and I would sleep 24 hours a day!!
Owen, the picture of you (a young man from NY ?) riding on a Snoopy ferris wheel really made my morning
Apr 9th, 2003, 06:26 AM

Nope, not bored. There is great info on this board if you are patient enough to search for it. And I still post here (obviously), even though my trip to England was 3 months ago and my next trip sometime in 2004 will likely be Costa Rica (so now I also read the Latin America board).

Happy travels to those of you leaving soon! I am envious! (It's April in DC, and its' 40 degrees and raining. Ugly stuff - I should be in shorts by now...)

Karen
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:53 AM

I agree that since registration there have been fewer troll postings and such, I did however enjoy reading some of them!
I still visit the board regulary and post/ask questions/read - even though it might be less colourful than before there is great information here that you could never get from a guidebook or travel agent. I value the opinion of other travellers more than I would trust other sources.
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:03 PM
ec

Scarlett:

Are you the person who was in Paris w/ PUP (I noticed you mentioned him in your post). If so, whatever happened to him. Wasn't he chasing the lady in the red dress, if I remember correctly, the last we knew???
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM

You're right Capo! Who's holding court?
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:14 PM

Earl, I think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO