Reload this Page >

Is airconditioning needed in May?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 07:35 AM
Flo

My husband and I will be traveling in Italy in May (the 9th through the 30th). What can we expect the weather to be? Will we need to select hotels that have airconditioned rooms? Thanks for any input you can offer.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 07:48 AM
Ed

Average high in May in Rome is 71 F. Cooler to the north, warmer to the south. Cooler toward the first of May, warmer toward the end of May. For whatever use an average high is. <BR> <BR>Consider not only temp but whether the hotel's setting is noisy. We find airconditioning useful in many cities, clearly including most parts of Rome. <BR> <BR>Ed

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 08:00 AM
kate

I was in Rome 3 years ago in May during a heatwave. It was in the 90s and we boiled. Although, I must say, the italians still kept their winter coats on, style being everything. This was unusually hot for May, but you never can predict, so I'd get aircon if you can.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 12:43 PM
pam

Flo, <BR>I second the noise-drowning-out comment--that's a main concern for me. <BR>Pam

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 01:52 PM
flo

Thanks for your responses, especially for pointing out the value of AC in relation to noise. I never would have thought of that!