Irish B&B Book

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Michael

Irish B&B Book

Going to Ireland in March. Any suggestions as to which Book which covers B&B's and accomadations to buy?

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:59 AM
abc

Go to irelandexpert.com or irelandyes.com and look at theirs. One has a leaf type

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Dottie

Call Irish Tours at 1-800-223-6470 and they will send you "Ireland Bed & Breakfast" and "Ireland Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast" free of charge.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 10:06 AM
hilary

I really like the Bridgestone guides by John McKenna-v. good for the really nice B+B's.Each year he publishes what he considers to be the 100 best places to stay,places to eat around Ireland.My husband and I are Irish and use his books if planning a weekend away.He updates each of his books each year.Try amazon.co.uk.I have also seen them selling in Dublin airport bookshops.Fodor's Ireland is also good.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Cathy

Michael,<BR><BR>For unusual B&Bs try www.hidden-ireland.com<BR><BR>Cathy

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:13 AM
steve

Town and Country was the book I used. Picked it up at the tourist office in the Dublin Airport. They have a website. I think it is townandcounry.ie

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Bill

Michael:<BR><BR>I've been to Ireland 3 times and have always used the Town and Country book. They have a web site that has most of their properties.<BR>http://www.commerce.ie/towns_and_country/<BR>You can probably get the newest edition from them. I have an old one.<BR><BR>The book is one of the best ones that I've used, because it seems very complete. There are probably 2000 B&Bs in the book, all with pictures. It doesn't actually have recommendations, but that sometimes is good because what one reviewer might like, others may not. They do list some of the AA ratings for some (if they have them).<BR><BR>Hope this helps!<BR><BR>Bill

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 11:38 PM
John

Look for Karen Brown's Ireland, also Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay in Ireland. A website to look at is www.tourismresources.ie and go to 'The Friendly Homes of Ireland' section. Be aware that 'B&B' covers a very wide range of accommodation from the statliest of manor houses to small modern bungalows with a price range to match. Happy planning!

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 11:39 PM
John

stateliest!

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:13 PM
Diane

Michael, If you want a complete listing of B&Bs in Ireland then the Town & Counrty that was mentioned previously has most of them listed. I got mine free when I called the Irish Tourism Board. If you want recommendations from a person who has been to each B&B to inspect them then I would go with Best Little Guide to Ireland. I used it two years ago and it was extremely helpful to my husband and me.