Ireland rental car from Autoeurope opinions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was quoted a really good rate but I understand this is a broker that gets rentals from other companies. Does anyone have an opinion on this company? Any and all info is appreciated, has anyone used them recently? I need to book ASAP. TIA
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM

We nearly always (more than a dozen times) book through autoeurope and have been very satisfied. We most recently (last September) booked a car in London through them and the transaction was flawless. They deal with Europcar, Avis and other well-known rental agencies. They will meet anyone else's price and they will help with any problems that may arise. You will pay in advance and get a voucher for the rental. You will have to pay a few local charges at pickup and these will be stated, although not always itemized, on your voucher. If you need to cancel, you will be refunded your money. We've done that, too. If you are uneasy about booking online, telephone them. You need to read what the policy is on returning the car with or without a full tank of gas. This seems to vary from place to place. You will get many, many thumbs-up from fodorites.
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM

we rented from autoeurope in Frankfurt and drove to Amsterdam stopped 2 days in Brugge. We had a blast. we are renting in London(Heathrow) and driving to Wales this June, again from autoeurope.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Wow, sounds like Autoeurope is going to be my choice! Thanks for your input, I appreciate all the advice. Off to book my rental!
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 06:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi; I have always driven a 'standard shift' and we had a standard rented in Ireland. However, when I was asked at the counter if I wanted an automatic, I took it and it made driving so easy. Consider an automatic. iris1745/dick
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 07:24 AM

Look for other Ireland car rental threads and read up on insurance issues in Ireland so you understand them: CDW, super CDW, theft coverage sometimes additonal, few credit cards accepted in lieu of CDW, large holds being put on your credit card if you decline CDW, etc. Renting in Ireland is quite different (more hassle) than in other European countries. Just be SURE to read the fine print and call them if you have any questions.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

I booked an automatic car through Autoeurope today and it was quite nice. The rate was $250 USD for 8 days. I got the basic since my World MC will cover the CDW. The woman at the 1-888 number was wonderful and I truly was impressed with customer service. She even gave me a toll free # if I have problems in Ireland. She explained everything-$$ to be paid when we pickup the rental,etc. I feel very comfortable with the deal. Again, big thanks to all of you for your input...I will post details upon return.