Reload this Page >

Ireland - Please help a friend in need

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Toper

Author: Pat ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 2/12/2001, 2:29 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: My family of five will be going to Ireland in April for the World Irish Step Dancing competition in Ennis. We have never flown Aer Lingus and would like to have responses as to their service and flyers satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the airline. I heard last week they were on strike, any word on if they still are? <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Captain Ahab

I flew Aer Lingus from London to Dublin about three years ago and found their service to be efficient and friendly. Enjoy your time in Ireland. It's a delightful place to visit.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Jen

Pat, <BR> <BR>Have flown Aer Lingus and BA. I must say that I liked British Airways better but the direct flights to Ireland and the cheaper cost should be a factor to consider. Aer Lingus wasn't Bad - just planes and service weren't as nice as BA.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Charlotte

We flew Aer Lingus (Boston/Dublin) in Sept. It was fine - pleasant flight attendants - edible food - pretty cramped seating in coach. It was neither wonderful nor horrible - no big surprizes. It was a direct flight! (I haven't heard anything about the strike.) <BR>Enjoy your trip!

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 02:19 PM
kam

We flew Aer Lingus from LA to Shannon last year. It was a repeat flight and everything was very, very good. In fact, I liked the attendants better than on BA, but crews will vary from flight to flight. Downside, as always, were the bathrooms.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Patti Suttle

We have flown Aer Lingus to Shannon but its been several years. But, the flight was great and flight attendants nice (my sister flys with Continental so I know how hard they work!) I like the names on the airplanes on Aer Lingus-small thing but sweet. <BR>Patti

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 12:51 AM
celine

Pat, <BR>I fly Aer Lingus (JFK or Newark to Dublin or Shannon) several times a year for the last ten years (or else on their code share--American Airlines, where you are actually on the Aer Lingus plane). I've had no problems. Strikes can happen anytime on any airline. I'm living in Ireland now and haven't heard anything regarding Aer Lingus since their last strike, last week (I think). I'm not sure if there is another one pending or not. You can keep an eye on this on the Irish Times website--www.irishtimes.com. I don't think you'll have a problem. However, if you do, I'm sure Aer Lingus will accommodate you. Aer Lingus has a good track record. Have fun.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Maeve

Aer Lingus is a truly amazing airline. My family lives in Ireland and I fly home with Aer Lingus every Christmas. Don't worry about the strike. They will make sure that any inconvenience is minimized. I got stuck in Ireland one year because of a blizzard. Aer Lingus took wonderful care of me and made the whole experience much less stressful. The food is decent and the seats are the usual size -- can't do much about that! But the atmosphere is fabulous -- especially if the flight is full. <BR> <BR>Maeve

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Annie

I wouldn't call it amazing, but I have had good luck with Aer Lingus. When I was flying with my mother-in-law who required a wheel chair, they ensured that someone meet us with a chair. We were whisked through immigration and customs, and at JFK, an attendant stayed with us until we got our luggage, even though both my husband and I were there to take care of my mother-in-law. <BR> <BR>Otherwise, it's pretty much a typical flight.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Ess

I agree with Maeve, above. A full Aer Lingus flight more than makes up for in atmosphere what it may lack in comfort. Everyone is so happy to be going to Ireland. Libations abound. The flight from JFK to Shannon always seems to be the shortest transatlantic flight. Forget about sleeping. The attendants are great, too (very patient and efficient!).

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 06:07 AM
AC

HI: <BR>Aer Lingus is the only way I fly JFK to Ireland. Cramped yes but which airline isnt? Food is OK. Flight attendents delightful. It is wonderful to see that not everyone is red haired and blue eyed. The atomsphere is what I enjoy. Irish folks heading home. Americans heading on vacation or the visit family how bad can it be?