Ireland Itinerary Help???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Ireland for 7 days at the end of March flying into Shannon and out of Dublin. My rough itinerary is to stay 2 nights in Doolin and see the Cliffs and all of the sights around Clare. Then go from Doolin to Dingle (is this too far to drive in a day?). Stay 1 night in Dingle and then stay somewhere for 1 night on the way to Dublin, I was thinking Kinsale but is that too far out of the way? Then from Kinsale (or wherever) drive to Dublin and spend 2 nights in Dublin. Any suggestions, ideas or feedback would be much appreciated! I'm so excited for this trip but a little ovedrwhelmed planning it!!
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 10:17 AM

Doolin is great, you can even take the ferry out to the aran islands if the water isn't to rough. Doolin to Dingle? Are you taking the ferry to cross the Shannon? I know we drove from Galway to Tralee one time but stopped along the way to see a couple of things, took the ferry and still got there late afternoon. Kinsale is very nice. I use to want to see everything but now have a two night rule and like three nights if possible. We are doing three nights in Galway, doing the cliffs and Burren one day and the other Cong (north) and taking a ferry to the Aran islands from a harbor town close by. It is the Oyster Fest so the nights in Galway will be great. Driving depends on traffic and road conditions. The road to Kinsale is a bit tricky. You won't get to see much of Kerry staying one night. What if you did Kerry first, then went to Doolin and then on to Dublin, not so much back tracking and the road from Doolin to Dublin is great with a stop at Clonmcnoise.
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Did you get a hotel in Dublin yet? I found a great one and not super expensive. I have stayed there four times and have learned which areas are my faves so am hoping this one will be the best. We did book the Clarion at the airport for the last night since we have an early departure.
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

I missed a day in there so we actaully will have two nights in Doolin, two in Dingle and I'm thinking we'll stay in Cashel 1 night on our way to Dublin (Kinsale seems to just be too out of the way) . This is our first trip to Ireland and we'll be flying overnight from the US so I didn't want a long drive after the flight.
We haven't booked a hotel in Dublin yet. I was thinking about the Trinity Capital but I really have no idea. Thoughts??
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 03:34 PM

Buswells Hotel
23-25 Molesworth Street, Saint Stephen's Green, D2 Dublin

We got a triple room since there are three of us girls traveling. Great rate and love the area.