Day 1 Dublin
Day 2 Hill of Tara, Newgrange south to Kilkenny
Day 3 Kilkenny
Day 4 Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle, Blarney
Castle
Day 5&6 Doolin.. Cliffs of Moher
Day 7&8 Galway
Day 9 Shannon
Our schedule is open. We only have a hotel room reserved for 1 night(Dublin). We will also have a car for the entire trip. We leave 1 month from today.
Thanks in advance for the input,
Trae

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 02:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ttt
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Trae:

A couple of things.

Day 2 will be very tough. I'm not sure what time of year you will be there, but on day two, you should get to Newgrange early as the tours are 1st come 1st serve and they can fill up for the day by midday, especially on a weekend. You might not get the Hill of Tara in. You should try to leave Dublin early. You will get to Kilkenny late in the day.

I'm not sure what you would like to do in Kilkenny. It's a nice city to visit. There is a nice walking tour published on the web by someone who I believe contributes here. I'll see if I can find it.

I would leave Blarney out on day four especially if you are there in high season. Cahir and Cashel are much more impressive. I would try to work Dingle into the schedule, probably taking a day out of Doolin and working around the Galway. I presume the plan is to see some on Connemara from Galway.

Give us a little more data on your interests.

Bill
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 03:34 PM

I agree with Bill about day two, long drive. I would skip Doolin and Blarney Castle. You can hit the Cliffs on the way to Galway ( you can see it all in two hours, You might consider one night in Kinsale and a trip out of Galway north to see the Mts. and the Connemara National park. Roundstone is nice place to spend a night. The waling tour out of the tourist office in Kilkenney was nice, they get you into some places not open to the public. Have fun
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM

I have to disagree about skipping Blarney - I've been to Ireland twice and find it enchanting, despite the warnings about it being "touristy" - it's famous for a reason! Don't miss it! I do agree that 2 days for Doolin and the Cliffs are too many. You really only need to spend some time at the cliffs, then the evening/night in Doolin (that's when it's the most fun), then move on the next day. But, you really SHOULD go to Doolin and enjoy the music! Also, I agree on trying to hit Kinsale, at least for a meal, it is charming. Have fun - it's tough to see the "wrong things" in Ireland!!!