Ireland in December

Search

Ireland in December

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ireland in December

Okay heres the deal, my vacation this year falls at the end of the December so we are thinking Ireland so any info or insight? Do the B and B's close? Any help would be great! Michelle
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Not a good time for scenic tourism -- short days, and high probability of cloudy conditions. But the scenery can still be enjoyed, just in a different way. Personally, I would prefer a more urban type of trip at that time of year.

Many B&Bs close, but by no means all. The ratio of available beds to visitors is probably better than at other times of year.

I assume Christmas is outside your time frame because you did not mention it. Christmas complicates things greatly. Many hotels and restaurants offer promotional deals in January, largely on the basis that some business is better than no business at all.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

yeah the earliest we could fly out would be Dec 27
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 12:23 PM

If you have some flexibility, I suggest that you try to slide everything into January. The weather is not likely to be any better or worse, but there is something of a closedown here between Christmas and New Year, and we get moving again in January.

[Unfortunately, if you can accept my advice, there is no way on this forum to change your query heading!]
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 05:26 PM

One piece of advice. If you do go in December, look for a B&B with "electric blankets". We went over Thanksgiving a few years ago and the heat in our bedroom wasn't turned on until we arrived.

The electric blankets were really electric mattress pads and made a great difference in sleeping comfort even if only used to heat up the bed and then turned off.