Search

Ireland Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ireland Hotels

Any comments on the following hotels in Ireland?

Hotel Europe - Killarney
Faithlegg House - Waterford
Berkeley Court - Dublin
Glenlo Abbey - Galway City

Thanks.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 08:21 AM

I've heard Faithlegg is gorgeous. I haven't actually stayed there myself though so can't elaborate!!
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
Ardfert

Hotel Europe overlooks the Lower Lake near Killarney-a really beautiful view.The hotel itself is modern,Germanic in style and has all the usual amenities.If you stay there get a room with a view of the lake.
The Berkeley Court is a top class hotel in Dublin 4.I notice though that is is having a special offer at present at www.jurys.com

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 01:46 PM

We stayed at Glenlo Abbey for 2 nights in September and loved it. It is elegant in a beautiful setting.
To reserve we called the hotel directly and found that they had a very good rate which included breakfast and dinner. They have 2 wonderful restaurants. One is an old Orient Express train car. The food was fabulous as was the whole dining experience. The main dining room was beautiful with wonderful food.

In Dublin we stayed at the Fitzwilliam hotel (also booked through the hotel website). It is in a perfect location. Their restaurants are fabulous.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:43 AM

the Berkeley Court is in a reasonably good location - it's in a nice area and is about 15 minutes walk from Stephens Green. I would probably second JuneAnn's recommendation of the Fitzwilliam - it's in a better location on Stephens Green.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:29 AM

The Fitzwilliam is more modern abd trendy but beautiful. It is also more central. Berkley ciourt is beautiful in an older style. I would let the price decide.