Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ireland - Do we need reservations in the summer?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Diane

We're planning a trip to Ireland this June/July. We'd like to drive & stay at B&Bs. Since this is the busy season do we need to reserve rooms ahead of time or can we just go day by day. Any info at all on Ireland would be appreciated. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 05:29 PM
steve

I would certainly reserve your initial B&B, especially if it is in Dublin. I went last March and it was hard to find a place when we arrived (big soccer match or something filled all the rooms). Also with all the construction going on around Dublin, many workers from other areas in the country stay at B&B's during the week. <BR> <BR>The guide put out by town and country is very good. I can reccommend the following <BR> <BR>Slane (north of DUblin) - Boyne View <BR>Killarney - Redwoods <BR>Dublin Airport (Swords) - Holly Tree House

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 05:10 AM
ginny

The Irish Tourist Board also puts out a great B&B book. They have an office in NY.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Jen

Diane, <BR> <BR>You can find lots of helpful information at the Irish Tourism Board Website <BR> <BR>http://www.ireland.travel.ie/home/

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 06:30 AM
celine

Diane, <BR>Other good websites to check out are: <BR> <BR>www.local.ie <BR>www.ase.net <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 08:37 AM
topsy

<BR>Up for diana!