Ireland 2 week itinerary

Search

Ireland 2 week itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ireland 2 week itinerary

My husband and I are traveling to Ireland June 2007 need help planning an itineray for 14 days. Not interested in Northern Ireland. Fly into/out of Dublin or Shannon?
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM

I know you've already been asked to re-post once. So I wouldn't ask you to do so again. But I do think we can help you more if you give us some idea what you <b>are<b></b></b> interested in seeing. There are lots and lots of trip reports on this board from people who've traveled to Ireland. Reading some of them might give you a better idea of what appeals to you.

Once you're able to tell us more about where you think you might like to go, I know we'll all be glad to answer specific questions.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

We would like to fly into Shannon and spend a few days at the Dingle Peninsula, visit Galway area and the South. We plan on renting a car. We are just starting our research and open for suggestions.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM

That sounds like a good start! I still think looking at some of the other Ireland posts on this board might help.

You asked about flying in/out of Shannon or Dublin. Obviously, from your last post, you know you want to fly into Shannon. Do you know that it's possible to fly &quot;open jaw&quot;, into Shannon and out of Dublin? Depending on what else you decide you want to see, since you have a full two weeks, that may be the way for you to go.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:31 PM

jvsrgd, if you go to the top of this page, find Ireland on the list, click on it and then the orange search button next to it, it'll bring up the list of Ireland posts. Number 5 on the list right now is a thread about Dingle. It may give you some ideas.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 06:47 PM
rex

&lt;&lt; ...find Ireland on the list, click on it and then the orange search button next to it, it'll bring up the list of Ireland posts. Number 5 on the list right now is a thread about Dingle... &gt;&gt;

In th very near future, this advice - - on finding a particular thread - - won't be very useful.

Citing the URL of the thread will make it possible to find it all the time.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34830676

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 08:26 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Above that window is a bar w/ several topics. One is &quot;<b>DESTINATIONS</b>&quot;. Click on that. Then click on Europe, and finally on Ireland. You will find a lot of ideas right there.

As it is now it seems like you haven't researched much. I know, I know - that is what you are trying to do w/ this thread.

But it sounds like you want us to just create your itinerary. That is pretty hard since we aren't you. Do a bit more reading and then ask some more detailed questions.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 09:14 PM

Go to your library and check out books about Ireland. Granted, they will probably be a few years out of date but the info about sights to see will be fine. Read up, decide what interests you and then ask specific questions.

Call Tourism Ireland for a free package of info (if you live in the US or Canada call 1-800-223-6470). You can also access their website: http://www.tourismireland.com/

Do you have passports? If not get the paperwork in motion. It takes a long time to process everything and get your passport in the mail.

As others have already mentioned, you can not really expect others to do an itinerary for you. People are here to offer advice. You must sift through it, decide what advice suits your situation and then make your own decisions. Some people here have been to Ireland once and did not see it all. Some have been many, many times and have seen the whole country including Northern Ireland. Others actually live in Ireland and know their own little corner of the country very well. You must take the advice with a grain of salt. Everyone is trying to be helpful but we all have limitations.

There is no such thing as an &quot;instant itinerary&quot; (much though we would like to think so). To do a proper itinerary you have to work at it. There is much research to do. Be an informed traveler and you will enjoy your trip that much more.